Author Topic: Some RECENT Incidents....  (Read 1251 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Some RECENT Incidents....
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »
. ONE

Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an  order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets.

I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

'We don't have half dozen nuggets,' said the teenager at the counter.

'You don't?' I replied.

'We only have six, nine, or twelve,' was the reply.

'So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?'

'That's right.' So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

(Unbelievable but sadly true...)

TWO

I was checking out at the local Walmart with just a few items and the lady
behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those

'dividers' that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed.

After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the 'divider', looking it all over for the bar code
so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code, she said to me, 'Do you know how much this is?'

I said to her 'I've changed my mind; I don't think I'll buy that today.'

She said 'OK,' and I paid her for the things and left.
She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE

A woman at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly.

When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM 'thingy.'
(keep shuddering!!)

FOUR

I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. 'Do you need  some help?' I asked.

She replied, 'I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door  unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a  distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?'

'Hmmm, I don't know. Do you have an alarm, too?' I asked.
>
'No, just this remote thingy,' she answered, handing it and the car keys to  me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, 'Why don't  you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk....'

PLEASE just lay down before you hurt yourself !!!

FIVE
> Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she > was  typing and turned to a secretary and said, 'I'm almost out of > typing paper.
What do I do?' 'Just use paper from the photocopier', the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five 'blank' copies.

Brunette, by the way!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Some RECENT Incidents....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:34:59 pm »
OMG.--------LMAO. I particularly like #5.  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

kp91

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »
GB,

My dad started something a long time ago giving $2 bills to my daughters on their birthday, one for each year.  As a joke, he did the same thing to me... 

So here I am with a TON of $2 bills, and I go to the store to pick up some hacksaw blades.  The blades and tax comes out to $1.90 or so, so I give the cashier a $2 bill.  She looks at me like I have 2 heads and asks if I have any other money.  I tell her the bill is legit, but she doesn't know what to do.

She calls over another clerk, and that clerk confirms my bill is real with a smile.  The original cashier appologizes and takes the bill.

She signals over to the other cashier to come back.  It seems that there is no space in her till for $2 bills....   and she doesn't know where to put it.

I bit the inside of my cheek bloody trying not to laugh.

Now I just leave the $2 bills as tips when I need to get rid of some extras.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:32:32 pm »
Hey Doug, I know whereof you speak!

I did the same thing at a McDonald's and the cashier AND the manger had to be convinced by several other customers that the $2 bills were legit! Here was a manager in his early 50's who had never seen a $2 bill and I hand his cashier 3 of them for a $5.87 purchase!

I don't know if they still do it but the racetrack here used to use tons of them in paying off winners!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:28:59 am »
The scary part is these people breed and vote.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:40 am »
I have been collecting $2 bills. They are hard to find around here. Want to trade any for other denominations?  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

northie66

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 11:47:29 am »
Hilarious GB!  I liked the first one the best!

You know what cracks me up?  When your total is like $4.78 and you give her a $5 and then say after she already punched in $5 in the machine... "Wait... I have 3 cents" and they are clueless as to what to do now.  I remember my first job was a cashier and when you gave the change back you had to count UP to the amount of money they gave you.  Kids nowadays don't know how to do that.  They just count the amount of change they are giving you.

I collect wheat pennies.   ;D

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:56 pm »
I collect wheat pennies.   ;D

Somewhere I have a few hundred of them packed away, I also have "penny books" they are blue in color I think, they have been packed away somewhere at my parents house for 20+ years.

northie66

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »
How you doing Railfan?  [Janet bats her eyelashes.] 

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 03:07:16 pm »
#3 and #4 must have been blondes. I say this with my wife a blonde. It fits too many times. ;D  #5 a brunette women all over just collapsed.  :)

SMF

Teknoromi