Author Topic: The Goldberg brothers  (Read 747 times)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
The Goldberg brothers
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »

The  four Goldberg  Brothers

The four  Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented  and developed the first automobile air-conditioner.  On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was  97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man, Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into  telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most  exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into  his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They  persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the  car off immediately.

The old man got very excited  and invited them back to the office, where he offered  them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers  refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but  they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The  Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car  in which it was installed.

Now old man Ford was  more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no  way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two  hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just  their first names would be shown.

And so to this  day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and  Max -- on the controls.

I can hear your groans from here.   Control yourself !!!
              I don't write this  stuff, I just forward it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.830 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2974 - Release Date: 06/30/10 13:38:00

Forward

Your message has been sent.

|
BOB KEPHART
 to rcarolkw, lraeb27, Debby, bob.webb, Shirley, Bill

show details 5:24 PM (2 minutes ago)

- Show quoted text -

The  four Goldberg  Brothers

The four  Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented  and developed the first automobile air-conditioner.  On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was  97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man, Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into  telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most  exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into  his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They  persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the  car off immediately.

The old man got very excited  and invited them back to the office, where he offered  them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers  refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but  they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The  Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car  in which it was installed.

Now old man Ford was  more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no  way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two  hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just  their first names would be shown.

And so to this  day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and  Max -- on the controls.

I can hear your groans from here.   Control yourself !!!
              I don't write this  stuff, I just forward it.

SMF

Teknoromi