Author Topic: Names  (Read 8965 times)

GWhit

Re: Names
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 08:26:09 am »
GWhit is just short for Gordon Whitlock. 
100 years ago, when my younger sister was in high school, she used to write under the name TWhit, which fit her well.  She still writes under different names.

Gordon

shissta

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 10:18:40 am »
I had a Boxer named Shissta (shy-sta).  The greatest dog ever.  He died several years ago so I took the name for myself.  Use it all the time now.

uddeholm

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 10:46:31 am »
a type of steel from sweden used in the making of bandsaws. as a saw doc it seemed suitable

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 01:10:26 pm »
My wife has a few names for me,,,,,, But I don't think I should post them.
 :o  :o  :o
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Vince

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 10:05:49 am »
OK Folks: Remember some one asked. My real name is Vinson Burke Faulkner. My teachers ALWAYS got the first name wrong, they wanted to spell it "Vincent" - so I changed it to Vince - since Vins sounded stupid ! The BURKE came about because that was the doctors last name that delivered my father and me. The FAULKNER is an OLD English name - which was what the called the person that kept the birds for the Kings - Falconer. See way more then you wanted to know. LOL

Vince

daneklund

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 02:04:44 am »
I go by EclipseScroller on the net.  I use that because I do all my cutting with an Eclipse scrollsaw.  Real first name is Dan.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:19 am »
Thats a good one, may change mine to excalibur
Jimbo

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 08:12:38 am »
How long did it take you to grow that beard?  I'd love to see what I would look like with one like that.

Jimbo that other wizard in NZ is really only a Professor at the Canterbury University. "The  Wizard of Christchurch". I'm the real deal. LOLOLOLOL.

Merlin

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 08:20:32 am »
When I first got on the internet I used the screen name artistic_cowboy30.  Seem a little lame, but to explain it, I feel I am artistic, the _ was to seperate the words, cowboy...just 'cause and the 30 is how old I was when I discovered (or could afford to access) the internet.

Joesawdust

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 01:36:10 pm »
Well I could tell some great yarn about Joesawdust being my real name, because I came from a long line of world famous scrollers but that ain't so. I was looking for a catchy name for the domain for my website when I set it up and Gregsawdust just didn't do anything for me. BTW my real name is Greg.

Offline 34natl

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:45 pm »
I work as a set up man for cold headers.( I make fasteners)
34natl is the machine size and brand. Its the only name I
could think of that nobody had.
Mike

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 03:23:32 am »
1089 members and only 55 have names you all must be called some thing dont be shy
Jimbo

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 08:42:43 am »
Well, OK. I call myself "Rapid Roger" because my name is Roger and I used to race enduro Go Karts and got the nick name from the people that I used to beat on the track.  ;)  Besides, when I first got started on the scroll saw, I was turning things out so fast that the family was overwelmed with all my "gifts" and told me to slow down because it was affecting the forrests in Kansas!!  ::)

Rog
PS we don't have any forrests in Kansas.  :D :D
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 09:42:21 am »
Roger... Is that like the "mountain removal project" in North Dakota? ;D
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi