Author Topic: Names  (Read 8967 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Names
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:34 am »
Most of us use a user name, any reason and where did you get yours from.
I use Jimbo because there's so many people named Jim [my name] my birth name is James but I have always been called Jim, My daughter Susan used called me Jimbo some times when she was a teenager, and thats why I use it.
Where did yours come from??????
Jimbo

Wandascroller

Re: Names
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:56:20 am »
My property, Cattle stud & Dog breeding name is Wandandian( pronounced Wan-dan-dian). A legacy from my late Husband. So I have shortened it for the net where I am WandaScroller, W Gardener, W caller, W Pixie(my extra special dog), W photographer etc. depending on the site.

grampa

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:16:40 am »
Both my grandchildren when young  could  not say grandpa it was always grampa so the name stuck...Paul ;D

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:18 am »
Russ is short for Russell, [C] first letter of my last name. Don't ask me why I bracket the C, just do.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:12:59 am »
I think mine is easy the beard gives it away (getting whiter by the day).
I have always had a beard (not as a child) and friends and some family started calling me Wizard that stuck for a number of years until I required an internet name and address and so created a whole new identity just 4 the net  "Merlin Ambrosius" Welsh loosely translated (immortal).

Merlin
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

ufgator

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:19 am »
University of Florida - Gators - I just doesn't get any better. Proud to be a "GATOR"

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 09:08:59 am »
My name is Chris, my mother calls me Christopher (usually if she's mad). My friends nick named me Crusty. They say I'm a bit of a clown. Krusty the Clown from the simpsons. My friends kids call me Uncle Crusty. It has stuck with me for a long time now

sp_343

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:30:14 am »
sp_343...it's my badge number for the Minnesota State Patrol.  SP(State Patrol) 343 (me)...easy for me to remember, since it is like a second name.

cherie

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:59:57 am »
I use my real name on scrolling forums, but other sites, I go by the name of DBZMOM.  Dragon Ball Z.  I got hooked years ago when it hit the United States and have collected every DBZ Beckett magazine, cards, toys, movies, and a couple of shirts.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:37 am »
I was just not thinking when I started here so used my real name.
Usually I go by OFLOND. Old Fat Lady Of North Dakota
I'm from North Dakota

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:24 am »
I'm too stuck up and mysterious to tell you the story behind my screen name  :P

cloetpatrick

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:09:56 pm »
 ;D In my case, I have not been looking far, it is simply my real name my real name to contiguous. I am always asked why we should hide behind a nickname when you have nothing to be ashamed! ...  ;D

boxmaker

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 12:26:47 pm »
I chose boxmaker to give everyone an idea as to what I enjoy doing on the scroll saw, but I am known as Mark.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:54 pm »
Well...I have a beard. My beard is gray. Hence "GrayBeard"...I add the 'tilde's' front and back just cause I like them!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Other places i am known as "~~~GrampedStl~~~" ... I'm a grampa and I was born in St. Louis.
And when I joined the 'internet' crowd everywhere I signed up "GrampEd" was taken.

~~~Gramped Stl~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 06:13:58 pm »
Hey Merlin you can't be a wizard ther is all ready one in NZ, [I used to know the Duke of Wellington].
Using another name is noot hiding ones identity it is to stop confusion how many Jims ars there on this sight a lot I would say, other forums no one can use the same name, I also like the way some of you choose your name, I use my full name for my e-mail, some say I shouldn't but why not.
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi