Author Topic: Names  (Read 8775 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Names
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:38:22 am »
I am just curios where did your user names come from?  There are some very interesting ones out there.  Mine is easy I'm mad about Wombats so a friend started to call me Wombatie because I have a large collection of them.  Now lets hear yours.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
Re: Names
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 02:56:32 am »
mine is quit obvious to  me,
Marcel is my first name.
Cellarium is latin for basement/celar and the Cellarius is "keeper of the Cellar".
(don't know why I chose latin, found it nice back then( we only have the cellar for 3 years now.))

having my workshop in the cellar I combined the "cel" from Marcel with the " cel" from cellarius:

tadaa:
Marcellarius

Marcel, keeper of my cellar!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:59:12 am »
The Beatles
Hence - Fab4
Fab4
Paul (Fab4)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 04:10:15 am »
The girlfriend calls me "My Keefie"  so that's why I use Keefie instead of Keith.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:13:33 am »
Glad you explained Keefie, I thought you had a slight speech impediment. LOL.
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:24 am »
Rob Roy may seem obvious to many if not all my friends here. A Scotsman with a monicker like that!!!! simple,just like me. Not so. On my birth certificate it says Robert, but there was so many Robs,Roberts, Bobs,Berts, Rabs in the family,so I was always called ROY. I think I was named after the Alsatian dog next door. I just combined the Rob and the Roy. Then GABBY came along and added the horse thief bit.LOL.
Rob Roy.

daliclimbs

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:41:31 am »
I know mine is odd LOL. Dali comes from the surrealist painter Salvador Dali whose work I have always admired. I have long been an avid rock climber. That's where the climbs comes from..

thumbs

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:42:21 am »
A few years back, I had to have both my thumb joints replaced due to arthritis. The doc said to do something that required me to use my thumbs and fingers--I dug out an old dremel 2 speed and the rest is history--now speaking of Gabby, he was giving me a hard time about the aka I use when I sign off, well just for him, I'll change it--Thumbs aka Richard

cherie

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:03:48 am »
Mine is just my name.  I used to go by the name dbzmom since I am a Dragon Ball Z collector, but then I got into scrolling and decided to go by my first name and at times with my first and middle names combine, Cherie Lee, which is also how I sign the patterns I design among other things.

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:27 am »
Mine is more personal. First of all  Jo is my wifes middle name and Lee is my middle name.  Jolee could not be used on the net as another person had it, hence, Joleet which T is for Taylor (last name).  JoLee has been our cattle brand and also the name of our apartment complex for many years.....Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 10:20:04 am »
My sons name is Cody. When he was little we used to call him Codyman. DG is my initials- Dan Gallo, hence- dgman.
Dan In Southern California

Bill P

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:24:23 am »
I can't remember where mine came from.

Bill

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 10:38:57 am »
I'm from Newfoundland which people call us Newfoundlander's "Newfie" for short.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 11:00:48 am »
"cdrover", says it all. It's my underactive imagination I think. Can you get a pill for that?? ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:55 am »
1992 is the year I got hooked on scrolling and made my first Intarsia. The rest is history.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

SMF

Teknoromi