Author Topic: where to buy a part  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Artemisblossom

• View Profile
where to buy a part
« on: September 13, 2018, 12:23:55 am »
Hello. I just bought a king Canada scroll saw and after watching a lot of you tube videos tried a few practice lines and thought I was ready to try making a project. I chose a simple project and after doing about 6 inside cuts I have broken the top  blade holder lock knob. I don't know how to get the piece that's still inside out and I cant find this part on line anywhere. The instruction manual provided a website which in turn said I needed to find a dealer or service center. There seems to be only one dealer in my area and they don't carry scroll saws or their parts. Does anyone have any idea where I can find this part? I cant do anything with my saw until I fix this. I was prepared for breaking blades but I am so disappointed that after an hour of use I broke a part I cant seem to get a replacement for.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: where to buy a part
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:44:44 am »
Where are you located.  It would help.

If it was new contact the seller and the they will arrange to have it fixed.

Offline Dennis123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 08:56:21 am »
Here's another possibility for you:

https://www.jccayer.com/king-canada-replacement-parts.html

Hope one of those can help you.

Dennis

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:58:14 am »
King Canada's head office is in Dorval Quebec, there is a web site that includes dealer and service centre locator tab as well as an email address to contact them directly., 

Offline Artemisblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 01:08:19 pm »
Thank You for all your help. Yes it is new. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. I bought it off Amazon as no one seems to sell these here. I did look on the king Canada website and tried to find a dealer in my area. There is one store that has King Canada tools but they don't carry the scroll saw. I am going to call back today and talk to the manager and see if the part can be ordered from them anyway. Right now I am using a screw but I find the screw heads seem to strip after a short time because I have to tighten it so much to keep the keep the blades in. I will check out those other websites suggested as well. Thank You.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
I am amazed that they won't fix under warranty.

I had a problem with my EX when I first got it and they told me not to use Loctite so they sent me a whole new assembly.  I still went ahead and used Loctite and it is still there after 8 years.

Keep us posted on what they say in Dorval as I do have a contact that deals with the marketing manager who used to be with General and I am sure he would put me in touch.

Don

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 04:24:44 pm »
Any possibility of you posting a pic or two of what exactly is broken and where? I might be able to lead you through a fix but I need to know exactly what is broken.

Ray
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

SMF

Teknoromi