Author Topic: Ornament exchange  (Read 679 times)

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Ornament exchange
« on: October 20, 2011, 09:28:47 am »
I posted this on the 2011 Ornament Exchange topic, but I thought it might not be seen there, so I am reposting here.

I can't believe it!  I already received my ornaments today all the way from New Zealand from Jimbo.  You must have really gotten an early start Jimbo.  I haven't even picked my design yet.  Jimbo sent me two beautiful ornaments, one of which is from an indigenous wood, and even sent me a pen he turned and a set of three blanks of recycled Rimu wood.  I guarantee you won't find that in a shop in Florida Jimbo.  My wife & I don't set out a big tree any longer, and she wants to start a tradition of setting out a small one decorated with scrolled ornaments from my friends here on the forum.

Thanks, Jimbo!  and thanks to Russ for organizing this celebration again.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Ornament exchange
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:21:50 am »
That's exciting news Bill. You will have to do something special with those blanks!
I don't plan on sending mine out till the end of November.
Dan In Southern California

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »
Wow Jimbo is on top of things. Decided on my design and put it to wood, need to cut, sand and finish it and needs to be off early nov as mine much travel across the ocean to some far away country.
Hope I hear from the receiver this year, still don?t know if mine arrived last year.
Can?t wait till I receive mine.
David

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »
Pleased you received them so quick wasn't sure how long it would take so close to Christmas, I put the spare blanks in so you could cut your own if you did not like the ones I sent you
Jimbo

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:16:22 am »
I couldn't be happier with them Jim, but I do appreciate the blanks.  I will put them to good use.  Great pen to!  My wife tried to claim that one.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi