Author Topic: Mr Fixit #3  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Mr Fixit #3
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:25:58 pm »
I completed #3 using the same wood as in the first two. They are all 15" tall and finished using Deft Satin spray.

I have a pattern drawn for #4, the last one, but I'm not completely satisfied with the subject, so I'm open for any suggestions.   
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Mr Fixit #3
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:35:06 pm »
I think this is my favorite intarsia series I have ever seen. every time I look at these guys it brings a big smile to my face. Like Ive said before, you sir are a master at your craft.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »
Looking real good!  Very impressive!

Let's see last subject?  TV repairman?  Electrician?  Maytag repairman?  ;D

Karl

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:19:15 pm »
Hey Al, He's great! Reminds me of Harold without a beard. Or maybe even me!
Maybe Mr fixit 4 needs to be a house painter.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »
I completed #3 using the same wood as in the first two. They are all 15" tall and finished using Deft Satin spray.

I have a pattern drawn for #4, the last one, but I'm not completely satisfied with the subject, so I'm open for any suggestions.   

Painter and electrician come to mind right off, I suspect you could come up with others. Too bad you are stopping at just four. Mr. Fixit fixing the lawn mower?
What ever you come up with will be great. Like Steve said every time I look at him I smile!
Great stuff Al,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
great job on them all. thanks for sharing

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:46:13 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, so far. The pattern I made shows him fixing a vacuum cleaner, which doesn't turn me on, lol  and my wife had suggested a Electrician;  maybe looking at a Electrical Panel with a flashlight in one hand and a screwdriver in the other????    I'll have to think about it. 

I kinda like the idea of a Electrician; I spent 40 years working for a couple of Electrical Utilities: 10 years with Consumers Power Co in Michigan (Electrical Distribution, Design) and 30 years at Southern Ca. Edison Co. (Design of Substation and Generation Facilities, including Fossil Fuel, Hydro, Solar and Wind)  I started work at CPCo. one month before I turned 18, and now you know why I love retirement.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »
I too think you should continue the series as long as you can. I realize that it can get boring and you should change off for a while but, these patterns should sell like hot cakes. The subject of repair jobs is never ending.
I don't (haven't done) do intarsia but I still appreciate the work and enjoy looking at them.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Chachi

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:40:09 pm »
WOW! Al everytime I see a new it makes wish I had him in my shop.
  I have learned over the years of being married (whispering so she don't hear me) go with what the wife says... Cough cough yeah the electrician Sounds like it would a good one to do with the flash light in his hand  sounds like a winner for sure but as everyone has already said you will think of something Great were sure of that.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 11:38:43 pm »
If you go with your electrician be sure and put a HIGH VOLTAGE sign on or by the panel. LOL
Vacuums aren't as exciting, are they? But, Momma sure appreciates it when you get it fixed. At least at my house. I get to hear "my hero"! LOL I'm her Mr. Fixit. Not near as cute as your's though.  ;D

Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:55 am »
I love all of them they certainly bring a smile to your face. You are the master.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SheGold

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:08:58 am »
I have loved watching you do them. I have no ideas or helps on wood. You have that covered very well.. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us.. Sheila in Tx

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »
Amazing, you are a big Intarsia designer. It's a very cool series of Mr. Fix it. I like the idea from you and the other of an Electrical Mr. Fix it.

Oges

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »
Love the latest Mr Fixit, very nicely done. Perhaps he now needs to get out in the garden and fix things out there, perhaps holding a rake or hoe in one hand and garden shears in the other?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:58:57 pm by Oges »

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 11:23:38 am »
Awesome job Al, I like it. Heck I like them all. LOL. Fantastic work, thanks for posting and the pictures.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi