Author Topic: Latest Video on You Tube  (Read 1989 times)

chips

Latest Video on You Tube
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:17 am »
 Been looking at Steve's latest video on you tube called "Scroll Saw Pattern Cataloging". Not being a user of Windows Explorer, or any other "Explorer" for that matter, I'm having a hard time figuring out how you get the window you show in the video. When I click on Windows Explorer I see the listing on the left side of the page, and when I click on the pattern folder it comes up with the patterns listed as icons, like the section in the middle of the page in the video. But there's nothing in the upper tool bar showing the "Organize, etc." that I see in the video.

So could you, or someone, tell me how to get there?

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Latest Video on You Tube
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »
I'm in the same boat Chips.  I have my documents open and then my to do projects folder open, and it shows the variety of folders, like holidays, crosses etc.  I can open them and then see the icons for the pdf files but no organize button at the top.

I'm using xp btw.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

chips

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »
 dunk,

I'm working with Windows XP too. I'm thinking maybe we need the latest upgrade. On my Windows 7 laptop that Windows Explorer comes up looking almost like what Steve shows in his video which I'm going to look into further.

Doing a Google for "Windows Explorer" upgrade all I get is upgrades for WindowsInternet Explorer. Refining the search a bit to look for "Windows Explorer 8", and I get the same results. This last appears as tho it's pretty buggy and crashes a lot. People are even asking how they can get rid of it.

So guess we'll have to wait for someone that has an answer.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:42:05 pm »
Thanks for checking into it.  I've been swamped trying to get ready for a show tomorrow.  I'll check back & will let you know if I learn something new.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

chips

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:49 pm »
 Dunk,

Did the checking on Windows 7 I mentioned and Steve's idea works there with some slight differences than what his video shows. Still trying to figure it out for XP.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 07:22:22 pm »
I tried for a while again last night and I'm not doing something right...I'm sure it is me...It usually is.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi