Author Topic: Default Mail Client  (Read 866 times)

Rightarm

Default Mail Client
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:53 am »
    Just wondering. When I try to contact another member in this forum, I get a Internet Explorer message that says "Unable to connect. Default Mail Client not properly installed". Anybody have any idea on how I install the Mail Client? Any help would be greatly apperciated. Thanks Dave

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Default Mail Client
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:58:01 am »
Would need a lot more information...

Browser, Operating System, Do you use a 'mail client' like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
Type of internet connection, all that good stuff.

And a detailed description of all the steps leading up to that 'error message'...

Simple little problems require lots of information to diagnose remotely.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
Email me off group with all the details if you want me to get my 'hound dogs' working on it.
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »
I agree, more information  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

daneklund

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:06:42 am »
I was having that type of problem also - I use Outlook with the Outlook Connector on my home machine.  I could not get the configuration set correctly to connect to use my office account.  Once I changed my setting to use gmail, then I had no problem.  I do have to have Outlook running in the background, or messages will go to the Outbox and then sit there until I start it - this is after I realized I have not got an email response to something I sent - dumb me.

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 03:13:13 pm »
    I use Intenet Explorer. Browser. Have not a clue what your talking about. We have RoadRunner for are operating system, through  Time Warner Cable. My main e-mail goes through MSN. It's when I try to contact members of this site, I get this message that I can't perform this, due to a default mail client. All I know is I can't put pictures up, nor can I contact any member of this site. Whats wierd is I can reply if you send me a message. Thanks Dave

SMF

Teknoromi