Author Topic: Scroll saw Pattern Maker??  (Read 3803 times)

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Scroll saw Pattern Maker??
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:24:48 pm »
How do you get the pattern maker to create/save more than 1 name on a page?  It is such a waste of paper to print out each pattern separately.

Is there a way to figure out how large a particular pattern will be before you print it out.

Perhaps A table that says 105 will create 1 1/4 inches tall X 1 1/4 inch wide letters & a setting of 140 will create letters  2" x 1 1/2" etc.

I know, several questions but you are the guy that has all the answers...<wink>

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:15:32 pm by dunk »
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Scroll saw Pattern Maker??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:18:23 pm »
I figured it out...Just keep creating and they will wrap onto the next line...DUH!
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:03 am »
Lol, I over think things all the time.  It's ok...

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:36:04 am »
Is there a way to figure out how large a particular pattern will be before you print it out.

Perhaps A table that says 105 will create 1 1/4 inches tall X 1 1/4 inch wide letters & a setting of 140 will create letters  2" x 1 1/2" etc.

Would still like a response to this question please.
Mike

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:29:25 am »
after each name i press the enter key. this puts it on a sheet of paper, & it shows how much room i have left. after i print the page i press the backspace key & it erases everything. i usually print mine
between 85-90. hope this helps

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:08:29 am »
Steve are you out there?
Mike

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 06:21:23 pm »
Sorry Dunk, I need to rename this forum. It is impossible for me to read every post and respond to the 200+ email I get everyday. I'm glad my blog is growing but this is one of the down sides. I use to be able to answer every email. I started this forum so scrollers would have a place to get answers when I am not able to answer from other scrollers.  Thanks for being patient.

The pattern printer software was actually designed to just print one pattern per page. In a later version I added the ability to hit return and keep typing.

There is not a feature to determine the exact size except watching it on the virtual paper. I doubt there will be any feature updates to the program. One of these days I plan to just start over from scratch and build a more robust featured program. Time is the problem or I would have already started. There is a large demand out there that is untapped since WoodTrax died a few years ago. I have been gathering a list of all the feature requests I get and will try to add as many as possible.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »
Steve,
Thank you very much for the response.  it is appreciated as is everything you do.
Looking forward to the upgrade...For now I love this one and the key chain makers.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi