Author Topic: Disposal  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Disposal
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:42 pm »
Getting rid of sawdust and scrap wood is not a problem...Just put it in the dumpster, land fill, or incenerator. (even the fire place if you have one ;)) But, what do you do with the bent, broken and burned-up blades? They can be sharp and dangerous to some unsuspecting person, and hurt them.  :( >:(
I have even "stabbed" my self just disposing of them.  >:(
So what is the safest way of getting rid of old blades (even razor blades) that you use?

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Disposal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:56:17 pm »
Rog...razor blades, utility knife blades, etc. I take a piece of masking tape and fold it over the sharp edge and let it extend about a half inch past each end.
I used to do 'wallcovering' as a vocation and had tons of single edge razor blades to dispose of and I carried a leather pouch on my belt that I put them in until the end of the day and then wrapped them in a wad of old wallpaper or newspaper before throwing in the trash. And warned everyone, "Do Not reach in my trash container!"
Used Scroll blades are put in a tube until I have a small bundle and they are rolled up in newspaper and then put into the "Recycle" container. Our municipality re-cycles all kind of metal.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

jon

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:01:57 am »
i took a small piece of sprinkler pipe with a cap on one end and zip tied it to the scroll saw after i painted it red ( i have all sorts of colors for differant reasons) red tells me its waste and i throw all my used junk blades in there when its full i dump it out throw a rubber band around them and take them to work (i am a garbage man so i just throw it in the metal bin at work) witch remindes me if your local landfill has green waste please take ur dust and scrap there and not to the trash bin you dont know how much this effects the cells at the landfill.

boxmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:40 pm »
Like Graybeard I tape my razors up, I use duct tape, and I put my scroll saw blades in a coffee can I keep on the floor near my scroll saw, and when the coffee can gets full I take it to the recycle place and dump it in the metals bin. I also put my broken drill bits, bent nails, broken screws in the coffee can. I always felt if I put it in a can and disposed of them. It would be one less thing to go in mine or someone's tire.

SMF

Teknoromi