Author Topic: Question about wood supplier  (Read 1071 times)

lilcee

Question about wood supplier
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:38:34 pm »
Has anyone used Heritage Wood Specialties online? I found a link to it the other day and was needing some cherry wood so placed an order. That was Tues. I haven't heard anything from them - no email confirmation - or anything. They took my money out of Paypal but when I emailed them to find out how long it takes, I haven't heard from them. Has anyone gotten anything from them? How long does it take to get an order?

Thanks, Celia

daliclimbs

Re: Question about wood supplier
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:59:20 pm »
Haven't used them.. if They have a contact number on there site I would definitely call them. There should always be some sort of email conformation..

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
Hey Celia, Heritage supplies some excellent boards, but mills the boards when ordered. That means it takes one to two weeks before they even ship. For that reason, I don't order from them. Next time try www.ocoochhardwoods.com. They have good prices and ships within a couple of days.
Dan In Southern California

lilcee

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:34:48 pm »
OK, thank you for your help. I've never ordered wood online and I saw this posted somewhere. I'll check that one out. Thanks again
Celia

Bill P

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:13:24 pm »
I always use Heritage.  Every time I switch to someone else I regret it because no one else has matched the quality I get from them.  That said, however, they take a long time to ship because everything is custom made.

I'd call them because you should have gotten an auto-confirmation email.

Bill

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:41:25 am »
Custom orders always take longer. I am glad I read this before I ordered from them. I sure won't need it in a hurry if I order from them. It is good to hear the have great quality products.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »
Talking about Ocoochhardwoods.... took a road trip yesterday and visited them here in Wisconsin. Very helpfull folks with very talented kids. It was great to hand pick my pieces and during my visit one of the boys showed me some of his intarsha pieces. I WILL BE GOING BACK
GO PACK GO

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »
You are all soooooo lucky over there with your "wood stores", they seem to stock a nice variety of hardwoods at reasonable prices, over in Cornwall my nearest decent stockist is 130miles away in Somerset and even then the wood is not that high a quality, the only high thing about it is the price.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

lilcee

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:51:24 am »
I received an email from them this morning. My order is supposed to be sent out this week. Thanks all for your help.
Celia

tux_linux

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 10:01:21 am »
Keefie, there must be some wood dealer closer by. Have you googled? Also ask the carpenters around the area where they get their wood or if you can get some from them. They often have rest pieces that they can't use - perfect for us.

SMF

Teknoromi