Author Topic: scrolling problem  (Read 1128 times)

woodwizard

scrolling problem
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
hi Steve, i have a hegner saw. its about 10 years old. when i cut close work, for instance a pattern for john 3-16 my blade on top of pattern is on line, but the bottom cut sometimes comes together. in other word there is,nt any wood on the bottom. i,m cutting 1-2 inch baltic birch. no one so far can figure what the problem is. my blade is square to the table,i,m using as much pressure as the clamps can stand. can you help??? john sabo.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
Re: scrolling problem
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »
Slow down and don't push too hard, let the blade cut. Be careful not to put side pressure on the blade, let go once in a while and you can tell if you were.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Mainewoods

Re: scrolling problem
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:43:17 am »
Check and make sure your blade is travelling straight up and down.  You can do this by putting the saw arms at the top (or bottom) of the stroke, then place a straight edge against the side of the blade.  Manually turn the motor over a few rotations, and watch where the straight edge and blade meet.  There shouldn't be any gaps at any point during the whole stroke of the arms (all the way up and back down again).  If there is, you'll need to make adjustments to your blade clamps to eliminate this sideways movement.  If not, you either don't have enough tension on the blade, or you are applying sideways pressure to the blade while cutting (usually happens during turns).  Other than that, the only other possibility I can think of is that your table isn't truly square to the blade.  I know you said it is, but you didn't mention what method you're using to check that.  

Hope this helps!

SMF

Teknoromi