Author Topic: Dual Tilting Table on Scroll Saws  (Read 599 times)

ptsbob

Dual Tilting Table on Scroll Saws
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »
How important is it to have the table tilt both to the left and to the right? I understand how important it is for the table to tilt, but do I need the dual tilting feature?

Thanks

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Dual Tilting Table on Scroll Saws
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »
Hey Bob, Welcome to the forum! It all depends on which direction you cut. If you can cut both clockwise and counter clockwise then it does not matter if the table only tilts one way.
Please go over to the introduction page and introduce yourself so we can welcome you properly!
Dan In Southern California

joey65746

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:20:47 am »
  i have 2 rbi saws that go bouth ways  then i have a delta q3 that only tilts right side down  but what i have found is that most of the plans i have come a cross explain how to do the project with left tilting down  it all depends on how you like to cut
but it realy is on wich way you like to cut.
but anouther factor is stating out with a good saw  i love my rbi hawks  i got them off criegs list cheap

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:42:15 am »
If that is one of the things you are considering to buy a saw then I would want one that tilted both left and right. Thew Dewalt 788 and the Delta 40-690 tilt both ways. Woodcraft had the Delta 40-690 on sale for $350 with the light and stand. Not sure if the sale is still going.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi