Author Topic: NEW Source!!!!  (Read 724 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
NEW Source!!!!
« on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:40 pm »
Today i was in the vicinity of the "Habitat for Humanity" ReStore in our fair metropolis....

IF you live in a large metropolitan area and the local "Habitat For Humanity" organization has a "ReStore" outlet then please check it out for the following!

I purchased some Bamboo flooring strips for $.75 each...
Some 400 grit sandpaper, best of the grade for $2.00 for 3 sheets of 9 x 12
A clamp on work light that retails for $6.95 at H-D for $.75

Those of you with 'planers' can get flooring strips that can be planed down for less that $1.00 each...

The place is full of bargains!
I will be keeping an eye out for a double door system to replace my sliding patio door...the one I saw today was only $200 and the comparable door at Lowes that I priced recently was $825.00!

There are bargains to be had, folks...we just have to search for them!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Chachi

Re: NEW Source!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:03:13 pm »
I shop at ours all the time it is a great store for deals plus all the money goes back to HfHwhich is a great thing as well.

chief

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:16:58 pm »
Stopped in there just last week and got a bunch of marble scraps to use as sharpening blocks.  Just stick sandpaper to the marble and then sharpen my chisels and planes.  I spent about 3 hours today sharpening some very neglected chisels, havent been used or sharpened in over 10 years turned out really good.
I also found some cabinet doors that are solid cherry and maple.  Will see if they are still there.  I use the raised panel section for scroll patterns and the stiles and rails make good frames.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »
Since my ex and I volunteered for habitat for quite some time I've been shopping at the "Purple door Store" That is what they call the one where I used to live.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi