Author Topic: Road Trip Report....  (Read 803 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Road Trip Report....
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:47:23 am »
Wood n Shop is an individual owned and operated supplier for wood working supplies and some tools that has been in business since 1983.
Owned and operated by a very nice gentleman, Bruce Denslow.
This is his Third location and is in a huge metal building on his 'farm' where he also breeds and raises 'exotic' cattle.

I was there for about 40 minutes and had the 'grand tour' of the whole place.
They can and do handle almost every hardwood you could want and almost all orders are cut to order from larger stock. They can supply virtually any size down to 1/8" thick.
Smaller orders are shipped USPS Flat Rate and the balance are sent UPS.

Very nice and very friendly and he told me he will be dropping in to our forum to see what we are all about.

His current project is to put together 'bargain boxes' of hardwoods much like some of you have purchased recently from Rockler. These will be advertised in his monthly 'newsletter' so if interested check out his website.
He does carry and ship BB in all the usual thicknesses. Standard cuts are 20 x 30, 20 x 60.
Wider pieces of hardwood are available as 'glue-ups' and he does a lot of this kind of material.

Also they are equipped to make 'laser cut' items in quantity and have a very large stock of letters, numerals and other 'applique' items...see online catalog.

For those of us here in the middle of the US it seems like an ideal spot to purchase hardwoods that are no longer going to be carried by Sloan's.

He DOES ship "Internationally"! Has customers in Australia!

Driving out there is not a saving even for me since the cost of gas would offset the savings in shipping but it sure is nice to have a place to go when you want to pick out something and enjoy a drive into the midwest farm country.

314-739-0001

www.woodnshop.com

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Road Trip Report....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:52:48 am »
Thanks for the update GB. I will check them out!
Dan In Southern California

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:09 am »
We don't get shops like that in NZ with the variety of machines and wood, we normally get a choice of one and it is a take it leave it, wood is sold by certain suppliers [imported at a premium] and native timber is from a very limited supply
Jimbo

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:19 am »
I am still druling GB. I must send him a mail to check what his shipping costs are to this neck of the woods. I am slightly jealous of you.
David

cherie

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:28 am »
I checked the map and found out that it is way too far for me to drive.  I have checked their web site and found it interesting.  Thanks GB.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »
I got some wooden wheels, axles and axles caps from Wood n Shop cause I can't find them in NZ.
Also some Forstner bits.
The shipping was damn good, cheaper than buying and shipping in NZ.
Don't think I will be buying timber though that might break the bank balance and the missus will proceed to break my neck. LOL.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

SMF

Teknoromi