Author Topic: my brothers help  (Read 633 times)

king310

my brothers help
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »
Went to my favorite locally owned lumber yard for a few things today. I bought another gallon of white paint for my shop. I picked it up for $10 a gallon. It was some paint that was changed and they have a few gallons left of the older formula. I hope the one gallon will be enough since they only have one more gallon. I was also looking for some shop aprons. I bought a couple of aprons and will have my wife embroider my brother?s name on it and a few other items on one and give it to him for his birthday. Then I will have her do one for me. I was also looking on getting a plate joiner soon and the lady at the counter told me she could get a porter cable one and then started laughing since she knew about my problem with my other scroll saw  She told me that they could get a Dewalt for about $169. It is more than Lowes or Menards but they are good to me at this store. I buy what I can from them. Also they are related by marriage.

My brother has been helpful to me when I need some items done (mostly heavy lifting and things I use to do but no longer able) I am showing him basic wood working and aiding him on how to finish and cut wood to proper lengths etc;
I told him I would give him some of my older tools when I purchase my new ones. I told him I was going to get a new orbital sander and he could have my Makita when I get. It was 10 minutes and the foam base split and now I need to buy my new one sooner. I looked up the part to see if I could order it and it was $25 plus $6.99 for shipping?.He could buy a new one for $35. OH WELL.

Made some saw dust today while he worked on the boards for his spice rack with some scroll work on it.

SMF

Teknoromi