Author Topic: Resawing Wood  (Read 1403 times)

countryscroller

Resawing Wood
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:26:22 pm »
Well it might not look like much, but I resawed all this from rough cut stage to all scroll saw ready boards. That is jointing, resawing, and planing involved. I have a 3/4" Timberwolf blade outfitted in my Craftsman 14" Bandsaw. Here is a look at my rigged up outfeed table too! The 2ft sections needed some support and she does the trick. Now all of this is out of the way and I can scroll until I need more wood. Also I made a simple clamp rack. The other picture is where I made space for my lathe that is coming to me at the end of the month. Don't worry folks, I am still a scroller, just wanting to expand my knowledge and projects I make.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Resawing Wood
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:38:21 pm »
I'm not worried in the least. I think it is the smart thing to do in woodworking, keep expanding your knowledge and tool set forever!  ;)
I understand where you're going because that is exactly what I've done. You never know where the next tool or idea might lead you. I started with a scroll saw ten years ago and expanded to the point that I've built rocking chairs, dining room tables and a lot of other larger projects BUT, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy working with the scroll saw also. In fact, I use it on the larger projects quite often.  :)
Note my avatar, OUTSIDE THE LINES. keep thinking about it.  ;) I never could color in a coloring book and stay inside the lines.  :D :D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »
great pics Dustin, looks very nice.
and don't "turn" your back at us with that lathe ;)
can't wait to see some of your work.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
Nice outfeed table.  I do a LOT of re-sawing myself and your set up looks great.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Rover2

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »
Keep it up.  All looks like you are well on the way and  can't wait to see some of the projects you make with that wood.  Your clamp rack gave me an idea.  Thanks  AL

countryscroller

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:49 pm »
Thanks all, and Al, I was racking my brain thinking of the easiest way to hang the darn things and just came up with this. I just screwed two strips of wood as shown, then drilled holes for some dowels to hold them up. It went up pretty fast because I didn't even need to glue the dowels. As you can see, I left room for more in the future.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:11 am »
Thanks, Dustin for the tips of the trade.

SMF

Teknoromi