Author Topic: Sad time  (Read 2833 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Sad time
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:12:16 pm »
Hope you don't mind me telling you this.  My daughter and her husband have finally decided to separate.  They have been together for about 11years.  I am sad for my daughter but not sad that it is over it was inevitable. I think it was on the cards after their 2nd year together, it has been a very rocky marriage considering his obsession with money and always being moody.  Still it means I have a house sitter for the 3 months that I am away and it is still close to the kids school.  Sorry I just had to tell someone, I don't mean to depress you all, I'm trying very hard to smile at the moment and thats not like me.  :'(

Marg

MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: Sad time
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:25:32 pm »
Don't apologize for airing your feelings here.  That is what family is for.  Condolences, and although it may not feel like it now, it may be for the best after all.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:40:46 am »
Hey Marg, that's what friends are for. Someone to share with, good or bad. Hopefully things will work out for the best. Keep your chin up and support you Daughter.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:50 am »
no problem on sharing your thoughts and feelings,
hope things will work out good for both you and your daughter.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:40 am »
Life is way to short to go through it unhappy.  It is so hard to see your kids in adversity but sometimes it is for the best.  Keep smiling - it is contagious.  Your daughter and grandkids will be fine.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 08:34:00 am »
Sorry for your situation, but there's always tomorrow, go ahead and things will get better luck.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:07:29 am »
Marg, I have lived through three divorces(all 3 sons divorced) and 11 grandkids being effected by divorce. Believe me, the future holds nothing but good for your daughter and grandkids! My wife and I worried ourselves sick over the first one, but, eventually saw how things worked out for the better and how the grandkids handled it better than the adults! Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:14 am »
Marg...Sorry for your troubles and worries, but, these things happen and usually always turn out for the best...Remember that we as a family will always be here for you so don't be sorry for venting to us...Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 11:19:28 am »
We feel for you. Sad, but when God closes on door, He always opens a window.   am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:03 am »
Sorry you are a little  "down" but we are here for you.  Remember there is always sunshine on the other side of the cloud. Share anything, anytime. Chin up! or in my case, "chinS up" :D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:30:01 am »
Thanks guys.  Things took a turn for the worse today, this was all supposed to be an amicable decision but it turned nasty and physical.  Ended up at the police station filing assault charges and getting a restraining order.  Terry and I fly out on Sunday for the holiday I have spent months organizing, now I feel torn between going and staying.  I know in my heart it is better for all of us if we go but it will be with a heavy heart.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

stipes

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »
Hi Marg. I'm sorry to hear what your going tru, and like any parent we worry so much about or kids. I just have 1 and I'd prob. have been in a grave by now if I had more, cause this day in time.
    I dont understand why any divorce have to get nasty, and maybe thats me. My ex. and me are best of friends. We was together for 15 years, but things happen, and if you would have asked me back in 1989 if I thought if I would be divorced I would have told ya your nuts.
    I just hope things calm down for ya and you go on your vacation, and be at peace. You and your Daughter remember this my Grandfather always told me. *bad times dont last forever*. We go try so many times in our lives,to change things, sometimes it all works out, sometimes it dont.
       As my friend who killed himself on Newyears it still hants me and it's been going on 6 months tomorrow, me,,myself wonder, where I went wrong there and what could I have done to make things where he would still be with me today. In a way it's like you,, you wonder how we can make things better. All we can do is pray,, and what another person does, we worry, but sometimes things are outta our hand.
       I wish I could give you more words of comfort, and I'm sorry that you have to go tru all this. Divorce is never end of the world. It's sad, and hurts but as always tomorrow the sun comes up, and another day.  Peace and love to you all....

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »
I couldn't agree more with Bill and DG, "That's what friends are for" good or bad, if you in trouble or need someone to talk to we all here for you
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »
Hi Marg,Bill,DG and Keefie are right, that's what friends are for. Remember "a trouble shared is a trouble halved" Philosophy over. Hope all goes well.
Rob Roy.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 12:29:37 pm »
 Know how you feel, my son went though a divorce 3 years ago. But now I have Great daughter in law and better then that,I have the Best granddaughter.Everyone is happy and well now,keep the Faith and trust in the Lord and He will make life better.

SMF

Teknoromi