Author Topic: Blade selection  (Read 1480 times)

Doug

Blade selection
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:35:16 am »
Hi Steve, in one of you videos you mentioned that although you do not do much portrait work, you said that you use a spiral blade when you have. Is that the recommended blade for scrolling portraits or is it pretty much up to the scroller?

Doug

UHMNL

Re: Blade selection
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:38 pm »
Hi Doug,
Hope Steve does not mind of me replying to your question.
The FD-NS # 2/0 is used the most for portraits. It is easier to control then
the reguler spirals. I have 3 other kinds, the NS outsells all 3 combined.
FD  Mike

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:15:40 pm »
Hi Doug, it is recommended that you use spiral blades for portraits. There are no rules that say you can not use a regular blade but it is more difficult to do so for most portrait style patterns. The more intricate the pattern the better idea it is to use a spiral.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:22:57 pm »
Thank you Steve and FDMike. I will try a spiral blade on the next portrait I cut. Never thought I would enjoy something as much as I enjoy scrolling with the added bonus that I am starting to sell some cuttings. Steve, love the site, just don't know how you have a full time job, a wife, and be able to devote the amount of time and effort to run this site. You are doing a great job!!

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06:46 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Doug.

ripchief

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »
Running the blog is Steve's full-time job, and that Xerox thing is just his hobby...He basically does this job for free, while making money from his hobby.

SMF

Teknoromi