Author Topic: reply on your post Style Changes for the text  (Read 1474 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
reply on your post Style Changes for the text
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:10:58 am »
 Style Changes for the text.
? on: May 26, 2014, 08:07:57 PM ?

Hi Steve
  first of all great job on all the work you do to the forum and i for one can't thank you enough.
but my trouble with the text is on the home page and when your in a categories section like when you go to pattern request or brag forum ETC. i find theses pages are very hard for me to see.i do need a some what high contrast do to my poor eyesight. being color blind a long with it doesn't help very hard for me to read the text on the grey/silver background. i don't expect you or anyone else to make changes for one or two people but i thought i would let you know.

thank you for your time.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Silver Sliver

• View Profile
Re: reply on your post Style Changes for the text
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:29:28 am »
(but my trouble with the text is on the home page and when your in a categories section like when you go to pattern request or brag forum ETC. i find theses pages are very hard for me to see.i do need a some what high contrast do to my poor eyesight. being color blind a long with it doesn't help very hard for me to read the text on the grey/silver background. i don't expect you or anyone else to make changes for one or two people but i thought i would let you know)

I like the new format.  I agree with Newfie.  I too need the highter contrast because of my eyesight probems.  Keep up the good work.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:36:12 am »
Just a suggestion.  Try making all the text (BOLD) that may do the trick for the contrast.  I really like the new look.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. Our old eyeballs are tough to live with. I'm kind of with you guys on the black on silver but I had so many members ask that I not use black on white that I wanted to give it a try. I'm not a fan of bold type but maybe that will help. I'll keep experimenting. The best answer would be custom themes for each member but that feature seems to cause too many problems so I turned it off. I actually wish the old theme worked on this version. It was not as modern looking but it was easier to read.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:23:12 am »
Thanks for your efforts.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:57:00 pm »
Anyone having text trouble might try hitting CTRL+ (hold the CTRL button while hitting the "+" button). This increases the size of everything like a Zoom In function. "CTRL-" will Zoom Out. The text boxes wrap the text correctly so you don't have to pan to see everything.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi