Author Topic: saw blade info  (Read 1982 times)

Offline brummie

• View Profile
saw blade info
« on: July 24, 2012, 02:57:37 pm »
is there a easy way to work out the the right way to find right way round on the reverse scroll saw blades I tried a magnifying class but does not help

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: saw blade info
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:39:30 pm »
standard reverse blades only have blades going the reverse direction on the bottom 1". So the right way has most of the teeth pointing down. I sometimes run a blade across my finger or jeans to see which way it catches, the way it catches should be the downward stroke in the saw.
If you have blades that have reverse teeth throughout the blade (like a fd-ur) most of those have some sort of dent in the top or bottom of the blade, check your directions for details.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:59:32 pm »
What I do is hold the blade from an end with my thumb and index finger. I then run my nail from the the other thumb down the blade. You want to feel the majority of the teeth pointing down and the last half inch to one inch pointing up. I do this with all sizes of reverse tooth blades down to 2/0. The flying Dutchman Ultra Reverse blades have a dent on the top of the blade.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:07:50 am by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:56 am »
On the FD-SR blades if you look at it  the short end is the top and the long end is the bottom.
happy scrolling...
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:52:34 am »
 ;D
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
For my old tired weal eys that dent on the FD UR is worth it s weight in gold! I still have so of the FD SR and cuss every tim I grab one. But they are still superior to any other bland I have used. Guess you can call me a top feeding dent lover :D
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

SMF

Teknoromi