Author Topic: Hawk vs. others  (Read 6659 times)

Offline JimInNM

• We're from NM
    • View Profile
Hawk vs. others
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
Anybody out there have something to say about the Hawk brand?? I'm interested in a comparison to the Excalibur or Dewalt if that info is available from some users? Just saw a video today and from that little bit/bite it was impressive. I have an Excalibur I bought used that appears hardly used but I'm just not happy with it and am looking around for something different. I just started scrolling about 10 months ago and love it. Anyhow, thanks in advance for your time and info....Jim
JimInNM

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
Re: Hawk vs. others
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:47:22 am »
Have a G4 hawk an EX 16 tend to do most of my cutting on Hawk not sure why just seems better customer support and parts availability good on both

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 12:56:03 pm »
Gotta say I have used many brands of Scroll Saws and the one I use now is to me
FAR BETTER THAN ANY OF THE OTHERS....Its a Hegner..........................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 01:55:27 pm »
I have had a couple of hawks over the years.  Bought both used.  The first was a 16 inch which I sold after acquiring a 26 inch.  I really can't imagine how any saw could be much better unless you have a problem with bottom feeding for interior cuts.  The Hawk combined with Flying Dutchman blades has been great for me.  I have not had an Excalibur or Hegner.  The original RBI Hawk was bought out and the new owners are making them available again.  I would love to see them return to prominence.  You can often find them used on Craigslist.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »
I agree with Danny:  I have had a  Harbor  Freight saw and a DeWalt and found both of them to not be durable.  Since 2008 I have two Hegners and a Jet.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:08 pm »
I agree with Danny:  I have had a  Harbor  Freight saw and a DeWalt and found both of them to not be durable.  Since 2008 I have two Hegners and a Jet.

jet makes a scroll saw?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ WHAT ????? :o
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:21:08 am »
I have a 1988 Jet Scroll saw.  It is a 15" single speed saw, with an induction motor.  I cleaned it up and it is a very smooth running saw.   I do not see new ones offered for sale any more and I do not know where to get parts for it so I put Hegner blade clamps on it.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

rochar3

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:52 pm »
Hi,
I have had a Hawk G4 for several years now and I think it is the best. Met the new owners a year ago at a show and was very impressed with the service and parts availability especially because my Hawk is no longer made. Excellent scroll saw and could not be happier.

Hope this helps.
Bob

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:24 pm »
Bushton mfg is the new owner of RBI Hawk.  They stock the parts for the older saws and I pray will return the Hawk to the prominence it once had.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi