Author Topic: Great Christmas Party in the heat.  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
Great Christmas Party in the heat.
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:27:02 am »
Just a little over 2 weeks ago I held the kids Christmas party for all of the kids and their parents of the street I live in. This is the second year I have done this and we would have been running the Christmas trains around the garden like we did last year. But the temperatures in Adelaide, Australia, put a stop to that, it was 44?Celsius (111?Fahrenheit) at 5.30pm when the party started.
I realised from the forecasts that the temperature was going to be a killer, so I made other plans to keep them all entertained. I used some of the patterns from this site and made enough snowflakes for the kids to decorate and take home. It was a great success and the kids spent ages painting and adding glitter to them. Thanks to all who contributed the patterns to allow this to happen.

Every so often I would turn on the misters in the shade-house and the kids would walk through to cool down, in fact, many of the parents also cooled down the same way. When the party finished at 11.00pm, it was still 38?c. But I know all had a great time and asked if we were going to do the same next year.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a great and peaceful Christmas and I will see you in the New Year.

Cheers 8)

Dave

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:08:53 am by Hawkdave »
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Great Christmas Party in the heat.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 03:27:46 am »
We didn't have a street party but we did have a hot Christmas like you in Victoria.  The hottest we have had in 17 years.
Plus an awful bush fire along the Great Ocean Road, in the Ottways,116 homes destroyed.  A sad time for them.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
Re: Great Christmas Party in the heat.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »
I heard about the bush fires Marg. My friends told me about them because I do not watch television, well, not much when there is gardening, trains, woodworking and of course, scroll-sawing that keeps me busy for most of my waking hours.

I trust you had a great Christmas with your family and friends.

Dave
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi