Author Topic: Hi from Gander Newfoundland Canada  (Read 1032 times)

Offline anniep34

• View Profile
Hi from Gander Newfoundland Canada
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:33:20 pm »
I thought I had posted before but I can't find it so I guess I didn't. I live in Gander Newfoundland and have been scrolling for about 5 years now. I bought the scroll saw for my husband and he showed me how to use it because he prefers to do intarsia on the band saw. I like doing intarsia on the scroll saw because I want to keep my fingers trying to cut out the small pieces and I also do fretwork. I have also done some gift portraits for people where I make the pattern from a photo.  I work for the Federal Government so this hobby is my stress reliever but I cannot buy any thin wood or other supplies or patterns here in town so I shop on the internet or go to Kents in St.John's for wood when I can but it is a long drive.  I really like these sites to get ideas, help from other scrollers and you can't beat the free patterns these generous designers make for us! Thanks a lot!         

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Gander Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:53:33 pm »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Smell the saw dust? You should cause we be scroll'n here.   8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Gander Newfoundland Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 03:00:41 pm »
It's nice to know there are other scrollers close to home :). I am from Spaniard's Bay and I also get my wood at Kent, especially the colored exotic types. I use 1/4 inch birch or oak that I buy locally for my fretwork projects,
( cheaper that Kent). Another site you should look at is scrollsawvillage.com. There is a lot of good things going on there as well.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi