Author Topic: Dupont Teflon No-Stick 4oz review  (Read 1892 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Dupont Teflon No-Stick 4oz review
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:00 pm »
Well somebody had posted this on here, its at lowes cost 4.97 for 4oz bottle. I wanted to try it so was at lowes one day and found it. It has a teflon powder in it, so will need to shake it good before use. I had issue with my top being hard to slide or spin wood on, so just now I went out removed the table top, and sanded it down, started with 60 grit, then 80, then 120, and last 220. Just using the 60 grit made it better, but I wanted it smooth as I could get it, as there were machining marks on it. So I got it pretty smooth and shiney, cleaned it off with brake cleaner to get all the metal particles off. After that I put this no stick on it, it has a small tip that will let it drip or squirt out, put some on buff it up installed table top, and gave it a spin.

It made a HUGE difference, was alot easier to move the wood and spin it, my curves are alot better, more smooth round curves, and the dust will not stick or stay on the table top. I am going to keep this stuff and use more, and keep it on my table top, and in hopes, that it will also keep the surface rust off as well. If you are needing a cheap slick product to use on your top, give this a try it works, might also start with sanding the top down smooth and the put this no stick down. I would recommend it. Its located in the tool department, will be around the pb blaster, wd 40 and other lubricants.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=363776-39963-DNS104101&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3550502&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Dupont Teflon No-Stick 4oz review
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:36:05 pm »
Thanks for the update DR.
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi