Author Topic: Another Solution for Rust  (Read 1177 times)

countryscroller

Another Solution for Rust
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:05:28 pm »
I was looking through various ways people treat rust and found one that caught my interest. On the Lumberjocks's forum I found a reply to a rust post and a guy said about a product called "penetrol" by Flood. I guess it is a paint conditioner, but also can remove and prevent further rust on metal surfaces. I read up on it and got some to try out. It works great. Since I heat with propane, causing some moisture in the air, I wanted to stay on top of the rust and I hope this will do it. Bosheild's T-9 product probably works with the same results, but this is cheaper.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Another Solution for Rust
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »
Thanks for the tip.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:44:10 pm »
Have a can in my shop. been using it for years in paint and on my tools. Don't use it on my Scroll Saw, use Minwax paste finishing wax.  8)

P.S. They make two kinds, one for oil base paints and one for water base paints. The oil base is the one for rust control.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:11:20 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

countryscroller

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »
Have a can in my shop. been using it for years in paint and on my tools. Don't use it on my Scroll Saw, use Minwax paste finishing wax.  8)

P.S. They make two kinds, one for oil base paints and one for water base paints. The oil base is the one for rust control.
I use Minwax paste finishing wax too, but wouldn't this product last longer since it actually has a thin film over the surface? I tried it out on my oscilating spindle sander to see how it worked out and it left a nice smooth surface after it dried and I buffed it out with a paper towel.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:10:01 am »
Thanks for the tip. Will try and find some in my area.

countryscroller

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:26:03 am »
Thanks for the tip. Will try and find some in my area.
Your welcome. They sell it at Lowes and Home Depot.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 01:07:14 am »
Found it at Lowes today, bought a can. Hope to try it out tomorrow . Thanks !!!!!

SMF

Teknoromi