Author Topic: ailing Dremel scrollsaw  (Read 5228 times)

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
ailing Dremel scrollsaw
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:08 am »
my saw has been loosening on the mechanism that tightens the blade, slipping and hard to get tight. Finally it gave  up and will now have to replace the parts that are stripped. Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it. I called Dremel and they are sending a parts list so I can order the part, they no longer make scrollsaws but do have parts still. I would love to try to explain how I need a new saw to my wife...it is Christmas,  ::) almost but of coarse I'll need it early, I still have many projects on hold for the holidays.   Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: ailing Dremel scrollsaw
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:10 am »
I don't know how to fix your problem but I do hope there is something big and yellow under an early Christmas tree for you. Scroll sawing is sanity mantainence (when the saw is working good).
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:10 pm »
It's easy Pete, just tell her those parts are no longer available!

I just checked, those parts are out of stock and will no longer be available!!! ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:18:43 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Vonsarge

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:27:48 pm »
I think it's just the right time for an early Christmas present,combined with an early/late Birthday present.

I hope you can get back to creating sawdust pretty soon.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »
May your Christmas present be Yellow and heavy (with a DeWalt stamp on the side) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:25:47 pm »
see now, I love all your answers ;D, my wife will be reading this soon...I guarantee it
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »
Have words with dgman - he has two saws now lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 07:58:05 pm »
If you like silver and blue better, try the Delta latest version, I use the 40-690 I got in Jan this year....LOVE it. Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=scroll%20saw&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=SEARCHALL

delta comes with stand, light, blower....everthing but a pattern to get going.

I believe, I believe, I believe.....keep saying this over and over.... there is a Santa, there is a Santa.
GO PACK GO

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:42 pm »
Yes...  I  used  the Fathers Day & Birthday excuse this year  to get my Delta 40-690.   The wife says Santa is in there as well  :D...   I picked mine up at CPO outlet with the stand and light for around $480 (I think) with shipping.  I  have been very pleased.   This  was a replacement to my 10+ year old Dremel that was converted to use pinless. It was a great little starter machine and still  works great.

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

countryscroller

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 08:55:08 pm »
The same thing happened with my old Craftsman. The wedges in the back of the saw where the tensioning rod is are stripped. They are out of stock, so I had no choice, but to get another saw.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:32:23 am »
I don't know how to fix your problem but I do hope there is something big and yellow under an early Christmas tree for you. Scroll sawing is sanity mantainence (when the saw is working good).

Dewalt has discontinue making the dw788 and no longer making scroll saws  The replacement scroll saw now is the delta 40-695.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:05 am »
No, your wrong SG. I spoke with a DeWALT rep a few weeks ago. All is fine! The 40-695 is Delta's current  saw. Delta is no longer part of Black And Decker which is the parent Co. Of DeWALT.
Dan In Southern California

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:45 am »
my saw has been loosening on the mechanism that tightens the blade, slipping and hard to get tight. Finally it gave  up and will now have to replace the parts that are stripped. Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it. I called Dremel and they are sending a parts list so I can order the part, they no longer make scrollsaws but do have parts still. I would love to try to explain how I need a new saw to my wife...it is Christmas,  ::) almost but of coarse I'll need it early, I still have many projects on hold for the holidays.   Pete

give ray a call the website is www.seyco.com/saws.html the phone number is on their website.
they have excalibur 21" scroll saw works lot better then the dewalt and the delta 60-695 scroll saw..

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 12:44:28 am »
No, your wrong SG. I spoke with a DeWALT rep a few weeks ago. All is fine! The 40-695 is Delta's current  saw. Delta is no longer part of Black And Decker which is the parent Co. Of DeWALT.

No i'm right I read it in the scrollsawer mag issue winter 2012

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 12:49:59 am »

i see now they have change it.
they are not going to discontinue the dw788 now.

Good news from DeWalt! We received an e-mail this morning notifying us that, contrary to our report in the Holiday issue, the DW788 saw is still in production and available. According to DeWalt's director of sales, "DEWALT (owned by StanleyBlack&Decker) has NO Plans to discontinue the DW788 Scroll Saw. It is a great seller for us and we are very proud of the Quality and Customer Satisfaction of the DEWALT DW788 Scroll Saw." We regret the error.

Per our review, we still think the Delta 40-695 is a terrific saw, but it should be considered for its own merits, not as a successor to the DW788.

For those who don't know, and we didn't, DeWalt and Delta are now separate companies developing their own product lines. You can check out DeWalt's saws at (DEWALT | Power Tools, Contractor Tools and Accessories) and visit Delta at (Delta? Power Equipment Corporation - Home).

SMF

Teknoromi