Author Topic: conserving paper for patterns  (Read 1143 times)

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
conserving paper for patterns
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:39:11 am »
I always try to use discarded printer paper for my patterns when possible so I can be somewhat eco-friendly. Is there an easy way to group smaller patterns so they will fit more than one on a single sheet without changing the size of the pattern? Some are small enough to put 4 on a sheet when they come (like off Steve's patterns) just 2 per, this may sound insignificant but inquiring minds need to know. ;)  Thanks Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: conserving paper for patterns
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07:02 am »
in the program i use i got an 8.5x11" blank that i use i open that up along with small patterns which i cropped to the out side edges then just open the blank and drag and drop the small patterns on to it once i got them placed just right click on them it merge then print.not good at tring to explain things so i hope this helps.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »
I turn,flip and rearange to get as many patterns as possible on a page. I will also fill in with smaller patterns that I know I want to cut. wish I could say it do it for eco reason but honestly for lazy reasons.  I hate to come back in from the shop to have to print somethng.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Silver Sliver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:08 pm »
I use Irfanvies.  When i click "print" I can locate the pattern on the page by choosing the left and top margins.  Works very well.  You can resize patterns as well as several other options.  BTW Irfanview is a free program.  Silver Sliver

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »
Silver Sliver did you mean irfanview??????
ChelCass

SMF

Teknoromi