Author Topic: Delta service  (Read 767 times)

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Delta service
« on: May 15, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »
I have the Delta 40-690 scrollsaw with a 5 year warranty.  So far it is working well but Dewalt doesn't appear to be doing warranty or repair work for Delta so I was starting to wonder what would happen if there was a problem.

I just sent an email to Delta about finding a service centre up here in Quebec.  Their web site is no help at finding Canadian centres.  Calling customer service using the number on the Delta site, gets Dewalt customer service!!

30 to 45 minutes after I sent the email, a local Delta rep called and updated me on the situation.  According to him, Dewalt is supporting and repairing Delta for two year.  Delta is in the process of setting up service centres and obtaining the necessary spare parts to look after their products and plan to have them up and running this year.

I'm much happier now.

I don't know if US Delta owners have local service centres in place but I thought the Canadians in the forum would be interested in this news.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Delta service
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:06 am »
While I was at the Dewalt service centre in Montreal I asked about service on Delta tools and was assured they are still handling Delta repairs.  He mentioned that parts availability could be a problem but when I mentioned a 40-690 scroll saw, he agreed that most, if not all parts were identical to the ones in the DW788.

It's good to have it verified by the local Dewalt service centre that they are handling Delta tools.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

SMF

Teknoromi