Author Topic: Ready, Set, wait Delivery and Go!  (Read 1064 times)

Scroll Down

Ready, Set, wait Delivery and Go!
« on: March 08, 2013, 12:57:26 am »
After much procrastination I've decided to order a few books and patterns to begin my Intarsia journey.

I have read Bruce Worthingtons e books (VERY HELPFUL) looked at thousands of pictures and other sites related to Intarsia, and picked up the last few issues of Creative Woodworking and Crafts magazine off the newsstand. The mag has lots of great patterns along with photos of the project on all stages, also very helpful.

I decided to go with Garnet Halls two books, now being offered at the price of one on his website, sawbird.com, and a few extra patterns from him since I'm saving so much on the books. I think this will keep me busy for awhile and provide the tools I need to develop the skills necessary to produce Intarsia to be proud of.

The number of available patterns is overwhelming. I can't wait for the day I'm able to tackle some of the more advanced stuff and hear someone say Wow when they see it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:59:04 am by Scroll Down »

multifasited

Re: Ready, Set, wait Delivery and Go!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:38 am »
Best advice ,I can give ,Pick something you really like ,really really ,You will go about it with a zeal and a commitment that will keep your interests ,during the learning curve and trials of the thousand questions you will ,maybe ignore in a busy work piece ,any time you really want something ,you'll do your best ,so many choices ,so many distractions of interests ,your choice ,will have a dramatic impact on the results,DO WHAT YOU LOVE DO & DO WHAT YOU LOVE!! Automatic insperation ,is hard to beat,
Thats why ,I only do what I like ,other wise it's just WORK !!MHO!!

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Ready, Set, wait Delivery and Go!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:42:54 am »
Or if you have a skill to draw, do what I did and draw up a pattern. I made my first intarsia as a lighthouse. Turned out pretty decent for my first project.

SMF

Teknoromi