Author Topic: Okay, Who Said Scrolling Was Easy??  (Read 4043 times)

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: Okay, Who Said Scrolling Was Easy??
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:10:35 pm »
Your eagle is awesome! One of the pieces of advice that I give to new scrollers is that the lines can be thought of as suggestions in most cases. When the pattern is removed at the end of the project very few people will be able to recognize small deviations from the pattern. If a wing is short or has too many feathers or something, you will still often times end up with a good finished piece. If you round over all the corners instead of making them sharp, think of it as a creative choice.
Practicing is still a good idea, you will like the results better if they look closer to the starting pattern. but don't be too hard on your self.
Also, eyes and letters are really the exceptions to this advice. if the eyes of an animal or person are wrong, it will throw off an entire project. If letters are skinny or short or spaced oddly, it stands out. It can be hard to identify what is wrong with the words, but something won't feel right.

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
Re: Okay, Who Said Scrolling Was Easy??
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 10:31:30 pm »
Well done!

You've already gotten a lot of good advice. It's pretty cool how people progress on scrolling if they keep at it. I've seen lots of people post here and on other forums when they first start out and before they know it, a project that was once a challenge, becomes just a routine quicky project.

Ray

SMF

Teknoromi