Author Topic: Would YOU go to jail for growing 'veggies'???  (Read 752 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Chachi

Re: Would YOU go to jail for growing 'veggies'???
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:35:09 pm »
What is this world coming to... But I am willing to bet that the person who is not a fan of the garden is the one who turned her in shame shame shame that some people forget where the roots (the true roots) of this Country are from I'm sure our four fathers didn't have a problem growing veggies in the front yard. Thanks GB for the news share.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:58 pm »
Done and maintained neatly it would be a much better alternative to the "Oregon Landscaping" (junk car collections) seen in this part of the country. Raised beds are neat and tidy and beautiful by comparison!
Big brother strikes again!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

chief

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »
I would get petitions signed by the neighbors and present them in court.  Screw that BS this country is going down the drain and real fast.  Politicians are going to be our end.

SheGold

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:53:37 pm »
Well this is a sad state of affairs... They'd have to throw me under the jail.. I grow veggy's in my front yard.. Sheila

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 07:46:33 pm »
I agree with Chief get a petition going of the whole neighborhood and supporters to show up.
Unfortunately a local stipulation could be the only thing against her to cause her to lose.
Either way this is bad publicity for that city government. They should drop the case and possibly privately get her to not do it again next year.

marmoh

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »
Just read an article that says, as of today, the city has dropped the charges.  Since it became an internet sensation it must have put too much pressure on the city ??  Guess it goes to show that if enough people stand together and complain some of this silly stuff may stop ??     

Graywolf

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »
We just have too much goverment!!!!

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 11:14:50 pm »
Hooray for We the people!  :)

SMF

Teknoromi