Author Topic: boot up issue  (Read 1188 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
boot up issue
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:20:50 am »
i have a Toshiba satellite laptop and sense yesterday all i can get is ?Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart? anyone know how to fix this problem? 

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: boot up issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:50:38 pm »
Yea get a HP. Just kidding I don't know unless there is a corrupt boot file, do have the factory boot disc? Might load that see if it will find the issue and fix it, some will. My dad had one of those from his work and it always had issues.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »
A Startup Repair or repair install is very often a relatively easy fix for many serious Windows operating system problems using the original operating system disc. Since these Windows repair options don't erase anything from your computer, they are simple ways to restore important Windows files. Install the original operating system disc and follow instructions for repairs.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »
i got a system restore disk with it and i tried to do a system restore just to clean it up a bit because of alot of useless junk on it and it was almost complete when it come up with error on disk. computer no good sense

excalibur 21

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »
So that is why you are getting Bootmgr is missing! Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Try cleaning the system restore disk (it might be dirty) and try again. That is the only solution I can think of other than ordering a new one from Toshiba.   8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

king310

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:45 am »
Newfie you can do a restore to a eailier date when the system was working. You will find it under accessories and then system tools. It will ask you to restore system to a earlier date. This will generally take care of those issues.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:02:14 am »
couldn't get it running with the recovery disks so i had to reformat it a copy of XP i have now in running XP again and i got to find the drivers for it.

excalibur 21

SMF

Teknoromi