Author Topic: Restore  (Read 1345 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Restore
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »
 Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it worth the time to restore a computer to its restore point, if so how far can you go back, just wondering Edward

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Restore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »
Windows Restore can be a very helpful tool if you have suddenly developed a problem. It is not a 'cure-all' but has saved many a computer for me.
As far as how far back...you will have to look at the Restore window and determine the restore points it has saved. I have gone back as far as a month or slightly more.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

fletch

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:06 am »
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it worth the time to restore a computer to its restore point, if so how far can you go back, just wondering Edward

It just depends on what you want from using a restore point?

Have you installed some software you wish to remove do you have problems with the computer.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:57:41 am »

I Wouldn't do a restore.  I would do is Reformat the hard drive and reinstalling windows and reinstall all the software But do a backup of your personal data frist. What  you'll get is a faster computer and more stable computer system.

Doing a restore is a joke. 
enjoy have fun..  The stuff I said to do is child play's oops I'm A+ certified computer tech but stills child play but without chucky.... lol..

good luck.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi