Author Topic: browser/computer will not bring up a HTLM when I click on it  (Read 1235 times)

rust243

When I click on a HTIM my computer/browser will not open it up and I receive this message:

This operation has been canceled due restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.

The computer is mine and I do not remember putting any restriction in effect.  How can I correct this problem.  Thank You

rust243.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
Re: browser/computer will not bring up a HTLM when I click on it
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
Sir I'm A+ certified computer tech.

This is for internet explorer

What you have is a corrupt or damaged registry key in internet explorer Th registry key found at HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command

I'll bet you want to know how to fix it right lol.

For Internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer.
To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:
1.Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
2.If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
If you use Windows Vista, click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image. Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
3.Click the Advanced tab.
4.Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
5. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
6. Start Internet Explorer again.

But I want to know which web browser are you using and which version of windows you are using as well.   
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:28 am »
What is your operating system, what browser are you using and what antivirus program do you use? Also did you check your computer for the loss of service that was suppose to happen in July?

Internet Loss May Affect Thousands
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:30:23 pm »
rust243, if you are using the computer you are asking about, you must be able to get to some sites as you were able to post here.  If that is the case, it might be a security setting that prevents you from going to certain sites.

For example, I understand Internet Explorer uses Activex to display some pages and perhaps your settings have been changed to prevent Activex from running.

Just a possibility.  

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Jim
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:18:34 am by jscott2 »
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

SMF

Teknoromi