Author Topic: Blade clamp replacements  (Read 923 times)

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Blade clamp replacements
« on: April 08, 2019, 07:30:06 pm »
In Steve's newsletter today he compared prices for blade clamp replacements, and shipping, from a few sources.  Many of you know, but some may not, that the set screw and the removable tip in the clamps can be purchased from Seyco for $6.30 for a set of 2 of each.  You usually don't need to replace the whole clamp, just these two parts that actually contact the blade.

The ones for the Seyco and Excalibur saws work just fine with the DeWalt, so probably would also with the Delta.  Not sure about any of the others, as I don't know if they have the thumb screw with a removable tip. Hope this might help someone.
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Blade clamp replacements
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:26 am »
I done the Pegas replacement because the upper clamp assembly was sloppy with side to side movement as well as blade slippage. The blade problem disappeared but the sloppy movement was still problematic so I shimmed it with a filed down washer. Seems to work good and saw runs smooth but the slight vibration didn`t change at high end speed . I probably could have had the same fix with the cheaper parts from Seyco and shimmed the original part..

SMF

Teknoromi