Author Topic: VENTING here  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
VENTING here
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:49:23 am »
 :( I just spent over five hours of frustration  :-\ trying to order a pattern from
http://eshop.dibimodel.it/store/product_info.php?cPath=407_408&products_id=2959
going back and forth with Babel Fish. Only to finally get it all figured out and placed the order.
Then they tell me I HAVE to buy 35 euros .  That is about $50.00. I would have spent it if they would have any more patterns I wanted but could only find one possible.  >:( 
Ok I have vented and feel better  ::)
I'm from North Dakota

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: VENTING here
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:15:56 am »
I went to the link and it really was confusing, Judy.  I give you a lot of credit for sticking with it.  It sometimes is very difficult to work with foreign companies. 

I have had a few problems in the past with some of my overseas customers.  Mostly the problem was due to processing the credit cards, as foreign banks sometimes have different criteria.  Usually we can resolve this quickly and there is no problem.  If we can't I have found that Paypal works wonderful with foreign currencies and things usually go through quite painlessly.  Perhaps you can see if they will accept payment through Paypal.  Even if it is not on their site, maybe they have an account and will accept it anyway.  Early last year, some of my customers requested this of me, even though it wasn't an offered payment type on my site (I didn't think of it until then!)  These were mostly European customers or those from Australia.  As I said, things worked great and I soon saw the advantage of offering it as a payment type. I am amazed at how many of my customers use it to pay me. 

Email them and see what they say.  Maybe that will solve your problem without you having to make a $50 investment. :)

Good luck and let us know - Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:42 am »
Generally speaking I think the words "customer service" have been nullified and should be removed from the dictionary.  It is truly rare to find it these days.  One notable exception here is Mike with his FD blades.  Prompt, courteous, and customer oriented.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:18:49 am by BilltheDiver »
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:21 am »
it is an Italian Website. I wonder if any website in the US does provide Italian language. Nether does this Italian website provide English.

@ Judy
You can try chrome as a browser. It automatically translates websites if asked to.

scott312

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »

Ok I have vented and feel better  ::)

Bless your heart.

Offline cskipper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:04 am »
FYI - I use Chrome as my browser and it translates the site.  There's an option at the top of the screen asking if you want to translate it or not.
Cathy
Cathy Skipper
When in doubt, just do the next right thing.

SMF

Teknoromi