Author Topic: top-vs-bottom feeders  (Read 2323 times)

Tim2beupinAz

Re: top-vs-bottom feeders
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 08:00:59 am »
Ok I tried the top feeding with my Dewalt and just didnt like it. Not sure if I need more practice or what. I didnt bend the or break any so that wasnt a problem. I think I just have gotton so used to bottom feeding Im used to it and can do it faster. Im sure I will try again and see. Its all about practice so we will see. 

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:17 am »
Like I always say, Do what works for you. I push top feeding on the DeWalt because it is designed for it. But if you prefer to bottom feed, then that is fine too!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 12:01:26 pm »
Just for grins I had my friend use my stopwatch and time my blade changes the other day...
16 movements to new locations, bottom feeding on DW 788...

Average time from stopping the saw to restarting...12 seconds!

Not bad for an old, arthritic bottom feeder with shoulder problems.

But I was pushing...generally I am not in that much of a hurry so don't really push the envelope or the process...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:13 pm »
When I first started I had a  Dremel saw that required adapters to mount plain end blades. To install a new blade you removed the adapters, placed them into a jig mounted on the top arm of the saw, install the blade into the adapters using an allen wrench then mount the whole assembly back into the saw. This took about two to three minuets. To change to a new hole took about one to two minutes each hole. So when I got the DeWalt it took a matter of minutes to figure out how to feed from the top. I can change holes in about five to ten seconds now!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi