Author Topic: Free wood for Jesus word art  (Read 4399 times)

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Free wood for Jesus word art
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:23:38 pm »
Happy new year to all!

If you are looking to cut this pattern (http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/product/SLDK515) from Sheila Landry Designs I have a deal for you!  For the first 7 members who let me know they have purchased this pattern from Sheila and Keith I will send you a piece of wood to cut it on for free.  I already have it cut and sanded to 15 1/2" x 3 5/8".  The thickness' are 7/16", 3/8", 1/2" and 11/32".

I will pay for the shipping to members in the continental United States only. (sorry)

I only have a couple of conditions:  the pattern must be bought from Sheila Landry Designs and you must post a photo when you have it completed.  - That's it! 

(I will trust that you have ordered the pattern after this message is posted, but I will verify with SLD if necessary.)

The wood species and thickness will be selected by me (this makes it easier for me).  I will also ship according to my time table, but they will all be shipped next week by the end of the week.

This is a perfect opportunity for you to try your hand at cutting one of these patterns created by Keith at Sheila Landry Designs.

I particularly like this pattern not only for the elegance of the look, but specifically for the message it delivers from John 14:6.   (Romans 1:16)

I may or may not ever do this again, but as I have been blessed I want to bless a few others as God allows. 

I have included an image of the wood I will be sending.  The wood species are as follows:  Oak, Jatoba (Brazillian Cherry), Maple, Hickory and one unknown name.

Any questions?  Ask.

Again Happy New Year and God bless you in 2015.

Karl

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Free wood for Jesus word art
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:18 pm »
By the way here is the link to the two cuttings I did of the pattern:

http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=17902.0

Karl

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
What a kind offer Karl.  I am doing that pattern in bamboo.  I was given a box of bamboo flooring so I am using part of that for this.  Hope you and yours had a wonderful holidays.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Rover2

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:33:46 pm »
Thanks and God bless you Karl for your generosity.   I don't have the pattern but just wanted to say that this is a very nice offer to those forum members that have it.  Great a way to "spread the word".

Al

Offline APG (Al)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:55 am »
Karl,

I think that is a great offer and I hope that some of the members take you up on it.

Al

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 08:40:17 pm »
Well I want to post in this topic so as to bring it back up to the top. 

No one has taken me up on my offer of free (that's spelled f-r-e-e) wood. 

If you are interested read the top message.

Karl

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:05 am »
Wow Karl, that blows me away.  I figured you would have had several responses to your offer.  I will take you up on it.  I already have several of these patterns from Sheila and Keith, before I order, I need to check if I have this one already.  Give me a couple of hours to see.  Thanks for your generosity.

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »
Karl,
If I didn't already have a number of projects in the works I wouldn't hesitate to take you up on your offer. Regardless, I just wanted to say that your motivation for the offer is your faith and I applaud you for that. You are an inspiration for all to emulate. Also, Sheila and Keith are both creative and kind individuals and your selfless patronage for them is just what one would expect from someone with sincere faith. Thank-you for the offer!

Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »
For those who have received their wood already I forgot to label the wood in the package. If you go to the first post and look at the photo the order listed from top to bottom is as follows:

Oak, Jatoba, Maple, Jatoba, Hickory, (Unknown), Maple

I will continue this free offer for 3 more pieces of wood.  I will close down the offer in 3 more days.

(As an aside:  This offer will end just like God's offer does when you die.  Take advantage of God's offer today!  You will be eternally grateful if you do!)

Karl

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »
Karl, think you are a great guy giving this wood for free!
can't wait to see all the pics on the forum.
God bless.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 06:57:10 am »
I received my piece yesterday.  What a beautiful piece.  Thanks.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 08:30:41 am »
Karl I have the wood you sent and have completed one am working on the second :)  Love that wood btw.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

SMF

Teknoromi