Author Topic: Picture of my shop  (Read 2077 times)

northie66

Picture of my shop
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:20 pm »
Boxmaker asked for this.  Here 'tis.  Here's some info worth mentioning:

1.  Scroll saw and sander I got from grizzly.  I thought I'd like the belt on the sander but I like the disk better.
2.  Table was old kitchen table.  Installed power strip to it.  Ran an extension cord under rug for table with sander, dremel and drill.
3.  Light above saw is old and heavy.  Got it real cheap from goodwill.  Got the 2 shelf bookshelf there also which is also metal.
4.  Can't see real well but I have the dremel drill press.  Don't like it.  If you want it, make me an offer.
5.  Big storage cabinet a neighbor was putting out for the trash and I scarfed that up.  Metal desk my bro gave me for free.
6.  Black & Decker handy thing I bought new... but I don't use it except as a table.  Maybe one day.
7.  Blower is waiting for a saw dust mess to get rid of.
8.  Blue tarp in the back is to make the space smaller.  In the winter I put another tarp up between metal desk and trash cans.
9.  Last thing I cut is laying on the table but you can't see it.  It's Steve's pattern of the deer on the plaque.  I haven't put it together and glued yet... I'm trying to remember what is in front... the ears or the rack.  ha!
10.  Hillbilly golf I made with my kids a few years back.  We had a blast making that... especially drilling the golf balls.  I need to put it away though... it doesn't belong there ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Picture of my shop
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »
I loved the picture, Janet!  Thanks for showing us!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

ufgator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »
Nothing wrong with that.  It looks like a good place to make saw dust.  No matter how much space you have, it's never enough. I have a set of what you call Hillbilly golf I keet in my travel trailer and we love it.  Nice thing is almost anyone can play, young or old.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Becky

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »
Wait a minute.  Is your trash can empty?  How is that possible?  I swear when I put a new bag in mine, stuff jumps into it and starts filling it up even as I am carrying the previous bag out to the curb.   ;)

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:46 pm »
thanks for sharing, nice shop you have.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:45:06 pm »
Tidy work shop clean as well a womans touch
Jimbo

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »
Right off the bat I notice one big difference between your shop & mine.  I can see there is a floor on your shop.  I'm not sure if mine has a floor. ::)
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

boxmaker

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:40:38 pm »
Thank You Janet for posting the pic. Nice and Neat shop. I see now how the tarp works for the winter. I'll try to get a picture of mine and post it.

sp_343

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:20:27 am »
Looks good to me.  I have part of mine in the basement and part in the garage.  Only way I can do some work in the winters of Minnesota is to keep some in the basement.

Thanks for the pic of your shop!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 09:18:53 am »
Looks like Janet and I have the same "dust removal system'! Leaf Blower!!!
I don't see a table saw. Janet do you have to buy all your wood in small sizes?

"Prgamatic Engineering"! If it works I must have done it right! Also know as Creativity and Ingenuity!

Good Work, Janet!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 01:19:04 pm »
Looks great Janet. And so tidy.
Happy scrolling.
David

SMF

Teknoromi