Author Topic: Different color ink printouts  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
Re: Different color ink printouts
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:53 am »
I also find red the best.  I know some who have re-filled the black ink cartridge with red ink and use that printer just for printing patterns.

Chase

BTW how many of you re-fill their ink cartridges?  I do and it saves a bunch.  I print a lot of photos and we know how that depletes the ink cartridge.

If anyone is interested, this is the best supplier of bulk ink I have found.

http://www.printerfillingstation.com/
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 11:47:03 am »
Chase...I tried re-filling a long time ago and made a mess!
Has it gotten any better?
What Printer carts do you use.
I have an old HP720C that was and still is a workhorse that I might try this with!
Any tips or tricks to the re-filling process would be appreciated...

~~~GrayBeard~~~
One resident 'comedian'!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 11:52:52 am »
I use a continuous ink flow system, which is the little vials outside the printer. It works with my Canon printer and I love it!  You just refill the vials and no mess and no fuss and the copies are absolutely beautiful!  It has allowed me to offer  color photos in my patterns and also better patterns.  I will post a pic if you want.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 12:14:26 pm »
Sheila...
I would be interested in seeing the set-up. Curiosity and learning!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 02:23:10 pm »
Chase...I tried re-filling a long time ago and made a mess!
Has it gotten any better?
What Printer carts do you use.
I have an old HP720C that was and still is a workhorse that I might try this with!
Any tips or tricks to the re-filling process would be appreciated...

~~~GrayBeard~~~
One resident 'comedian'!

Go to the web site I mentioned.  Look up your printer.  They have instructions and kits for the ink and stuff you need to refill.  If you use a lot of ink, it is the way to go.

cs

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 02:24:58 pm »
I use a continuous ink flow system, which is the little vials outside the printer. It works with my Canon printer and I love it!  You just refill the vials and no mess and no fuss and the copies are absolutely beautiful!  It has allowed me to offer  color photos in my patterns and also better patterns.  I will post a pic if you want.

Sheila

Sheila, I'm a Canon printer user.  Its the most compatible with a Mac.  I'm running a 620.  Pls post a pic of your setup.  Would really like to see how you do it.  Where do you buy your ink?

cs

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 03:04:33 pm »
I like to print my patterns out in pink.
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 06:45:59 pm »
Here is the ink system for my Canon IP4600 printer.  It works great. I do photos, patterns, and even print on CD's.  The bottles of ink are about $5 for 100ml which fill the chambers a couple of times each.  The set of colors is about $25.00 and lasts for thousands of copies.  The printer was under $100 and it is better than any printer I had.  I went through lots of Epson's because they were the 'best for graphics' and the ink was ridiculous.  You would use most of the cartridges cleaning the heads over and over.  This Canon works so nice I have only had to clean the heads once in a year and it was fast and easy.  It also allows you to override the 'genuine cartridge' mode so you don't get nagged about not using their cartridges.  They just never show up low or empty and when  you see the level go down, you put more ink in the well.  No muss, no fuss.  Clean. Fast. Cheap. Great Quality (And I am picky).  The system cost about $55 and came filled. I give it a 10 out of 10. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »
OK Sheila...I see the system and am even more curious!

Where do I go for more information?

Thanks!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »
OK, mine is quite similar to this.  It is just a little different but the same principles.  You need to remove the chips from the OEM cartridges that came with the printer and put them on the new CIS system cartridges.  This you only do once though and you just gently pry them off with an exacto knife and use double sided tape to stick them to the new ones.  Then you set it up basically the same as in this video :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8882358193617246857#

I have used it for over a year now and printed thousands and thousands of perfect clear copies. No stupid lines, no mess.  I just refill the wells as they go down and they last forever it seems.  I have only bought one additional set of ink.  I purchased mine from a dealer off of ebay here in Canada so I didn't have to pay duties and taxes and stuff, but there are plenty of companies in the US if you look. 

Let me know how you do. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

boxmaker

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 10:32:57 pm »
OK you have my attention also Sheila. I just purchased a new Kodak because the cartridges for my Lexmark were way to expensive, and I also tried like graybeard to refill and ended up with a mess. I like this system Sheila and for me It might be worth the investment in another printer. Thank you.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:20 pm »
Check out other videos on whatever type of printer you have. I had a similar system for my Epson Stylus Photo 800 and the system worked fine, but the printer was bad. Still needed numerous cleanings and finally said 'the end of the printer's life - must be serviced'.  Nothing but trouble :(  I have really been pleased with the Canon's.  I suggest getting just the printer and not an all-in-one.  If I am only spending $80 on a printer, I want the money to go to the printer part, not the scanner, fax, printer, etc. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

SMF

Teknoromi