Author Topic: Different color ink printouts  (Read 4912 times)

boxmaker

Different color ink printouts
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »
I was thinking tonight does anybody ever print there patterns out in red or blue or different colors to get better visibility. Or does the color of the lines make a difference, I was always going to try it but never did.

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
Re: Different color ink printouts
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:24:10 pm »
well i never did it but i know some people use red for better visibility and stay more focus on the line . they say the blue and black blends in with the blade

northie66

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:20 pm »
I print mine out in black... and I use draft quality too to save on ink.   ;)

Rightarm

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:15:51 am »
    I've tried to print out in red. But for some reason my printer won't let me. It only prints out in grey. Dave 8)

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:29:54 am »
Black works fine for me. But maybe another color could work even better.
David

daneklund

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:47:32 am »
I always print my patterns out in red.  It is much easier to see the blade against the red rather than blending in.  The intarsia patterns that come from JGR at Roberts Studio are all in red.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:38:49 am »
I have thought too about printing in different colors, but I was overwhelmingly voted down.  It seems most people prefer black. I guess it is a personal preference.  I should probably try red or blue just to see.  It is interesting seeing what people here prefer. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 06:59:10 am »
I do prefer Red or light blue because of the old eyes, black blends to well with the blade and I find I wander too much.

Merlin
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 07:42:12 am »
I am like Janet, print mine out in black... and I use draft quality too to save on ink. I have a magnifying lamp so no problem see the line.   :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Lejon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 09:06:45 am »
I print my patterns in black, but print them on a bright yellow paper. It really helps to see the lines especially since I wear glasses and use a magnifying lamp.

boxmaker

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 10:38:38 am »
Interesting idea Lejon, I never thought of colored paper? I guess I'll have to finally print some and see what happens.

sp_343

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 10:42:37 am »
I have always used black or gray...but I might have to try a different color...good idea!

ufgator

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:59 am »
I print in black, draft quality and then use a yellow highlighter to outline the cut lines.  Seems to brighten it quite a bit.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

cherie

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:00 am »
When I first started printing pattens, they were in black.  I found that I could not see the lines very well, so my next pattern was done in a light blue.  That worked great, but I found red to be much better.
Dave, if you are having problems making your printer print in red, then maybe you should put the pattern in a program such as Coral or what I use, Photoshop CS.  Actually any program with a paint bucket will work.  Most times I will fill the waste area red and leave the rest white.  However, I have found that patterns such as Steve's need to be printed off and then the pattern only scanned into the computer.  If not the pattern will come out gray.
I hope this  helps.  If not, email or pm me.

Dawie

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 11:17:02 am »
Hi Lejon
I like your idea of printing it on yellow paper, might try that nexttime, still have half a pack yellow paper floating around.
David

SMF

Teknoromi