Author Topic: Lighting  (Read 2266 times)

cherie

Re: Lighting
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:18 am »
Dan, it is the way to keep things light and fresh.  This is what makes this family great.
As for the light...well I cannot afford one even the one on sale.  I just make do with the one I have now.

northie66

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 06:42:20 pm »
I think I might be getting a freebie from my brother.  I'm going to hold off until then.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 07:22:32 pm »
A fluorescent lamp emits a spectrum of light similar to that of the sun. I have them any where I need to see things more naturally (Kitchen, Bath, Shop). Take a pair of black socks and navy blue socks. Under incandescent lighting you can barely see the difference. Put them under a fluorescent light, wow, big different. You can see the navy blue one. Office buildings use them for the same reasons. Go to an auto motive paint and body shop. The paint booths walls are lined with banks of fluorescent lights. Fluorescent lights and fixtures are not expensive and in the long run they are less expensive to operate. They are available in all the stores. I just read the specs on OttLite. They are a hybrid fluorescent lamp. I'll stay with my fluorescent lights for the price.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

jon

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 08:04:43 pm »
fluorescent lights are cheap and yes as russ said they are widely used threwout the business world. however they are toxic to the enviroment, and if broken they are toxic to you so please be carful with them.

ufgator

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 08:35:59 pm »
Flourescent lighting comes in many different color tempretures.  They are NOT all the same. The higher the color rendering index of the lamp, the more true the colors will appear. Warm white and cool white are just 2 of the different color tones available.  I'm not trying to be a smart a__, but that's why the Ott and others like them are a bit more expensive.

Happy Scrolling   
     Bill

SMF

Teknoromi