Author Topic: Stack cutting redemption  (Read 1191 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Stack cutting redemption
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:37 am »
Well, I went to the store, bought some more BB and taped it together. Put the pattern on and starting cutting. For some odd reason my blades kept coming out of my stupid holders. After about half an hour of not so much fun and not such a nice language about how my stupid @$%& blades needed to stay in the %$#@ holder. Then after a lot of praying for forgiveness I managed to get things started. Just like last time all the holes in my snow flake came out perfect. Well, by that time I was pretty happy that my blades were working right. SO with one more prayer for forgiveness and a prayer that I just needed to get the project done nice, I started cutting the outer shape. I took the advice of many a good friend on here and cut a pilot hole close to the project. By doing this I was able to cut the entire snowflake and not have the wood slip. The project turned out good and I have it packed ready for my friend's children to paint. Thanks for the help and advice to all who offered it.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stack cutting redemption
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:22:32 am »
Glad it worked out for you. Some days you make mistakes and other you make sawdust. Sawdust days are the ones we remember the most.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:39:21 am »
Good to hear Troy! Keep up the good work!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 10:51:03 am »
What is amazing is that as a newbie or beginner I had no idea that the 'pilot hole' near the project was such an important helpful idea. It was only after reading that idea on another forum, before Steve set this up, that I tried it and wondered how I couldn't have figured that out on my own.

Forums are invaluable sources of information and this one is the absolute BEST there is!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi