Author Topic: I went and did it!!!  (Read 3746 times)

Graywolf

I went and did it!!!
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:40 pm »
After reading 100's of posts on Mikes blades. I went and ordered some from him. I ordered a dz. each of FD-UR #5; XL #5; and SPIRAL #5. WOW!! What a differance a blade makes. I highley recomend Mikes blades. I will order all my blades fromhim from now on.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: I went and did it!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »
Yup, great blades! Just curious, What kind of blades did you use before?
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »
And you thought we were all just doing brags on Mike's FD blades 'cause he was giving us freebies!!!

I started with Craftsman pin-end and when i could I went with Mike's and have never looked back.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »
When I got my blades from Mike I was sceptical about them being so much better - untill I used them, the difference was like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Skoda. The blades are fantastic and I for one have never regretted changing to them.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

UHMNL

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:18:03 pm »
Thank you all very much.
I just sent the tread to the company who makes the blades because they should get all the credit for making the blades.
FD Mike

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:23:53 pm »
My first order for blades was with Mike, I do not see a reason to change. The service is second to none. Thanks Mike.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:37 pm »
I've been using Mike's blades for awhile and find them to be the best.My last order I even got a free flashlight.

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:58:12 pm »
What is a Skoda ?
MOONIE

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 10:35:43 pm »
Best blades I have used by far
Jimbo

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:33:13 am »
Moonie, A Skoda used to be one of the worst cars you could buy, they used to rust quickly and broke down all the time. They have vastly improved nowadays, but they still get all the jokes thrown at them.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:41 am »
Moonie, A Skoda used to be one of the worst cars you could buy, they used to rust quickly and broke down all the time. They have vastly improved nowadays, but they still get all the jokes thrown at them.

they use to have bad cars, but now days the brand is owned by Volkswagen and the make very good, fuel economic cars.
http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/Pages/homepage.aspx
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:10:22 am »
 Been using Mikes blades for a couple of years now, and really like  them, and the good service he provides.  I use a lot of his 2/0 blades.  Edward

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 12:18:28 pm »
his blades are awesome, but I think his customer service is even better.
I sent my Mother-in-Law to Mike to get me blades for Christmas, and she is still talking about how nice he was and that she hopes that blades are on my list again this year so she can order from such a nice business.

Graywolf

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 12:23:56 pm »
I use to use Robi blades. My scroll saw was an old Craftsman, using pined blades. I changed the clamps on it so I could use pinless blades and I still bought Robi at home depot. I liked them OK but Mikes blades are by far much better.I wondered about the Flying Duchman when I received them, they seemed flemsy, boy was I suprised. The Spirals still drive me nuts, but I will get the hang of them. So far my favorite is the #5 FD-UR.
I got a (new to me) scroll saw, a Delta SS350. So now I am learnig a new saw and new blades. The combanation has chang my scrolling a lot. I have only been scrolling a little over a year and I sure feel better about my work. Thans to all you advice.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »
Isn't it amazing what a better saw and superior blades will do?!?
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi