Author Topic: Remember "Splinter"???  (Read 3538 times)

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
Re: Remember "Splinter"???
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:16:52 am »
Great work GB , I like the way you done the outline and the other couple of small changes ! Nice tribute !! ....Pete
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:29:36 am »
GB, great portrait of Splinter, a beautiful way to remember and Like Tommy said it looks so real.Did you make the pattern?

Thanks for sharing

Mahendra
mahendra

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »
Mahendra...that pattern was done for me by Chales Dearing and he subsequently sold the rights to Wooden Teddy Bear.
It is available from their catalog....

RE: cutting outline of pattern...I do a lot of my cuttings this way. After the portrait is cut I lightly make a light pencil outline, drill a pilot hole and use a FD Polar #5 to cut around the outline as smoothly as possible. I just like th way the cuttings appear when glued to dark felt or some other backer.

Thanks to all for the nice compliments.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

saggioculo

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 03:36:28 am »
This came out awesome.  Beautiful little kitty!!

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:40 am »
Mahendra...that pattern was done for me by Chales Dearing and he subsequently sold the rights to Wooden Teddy Bear.
It is available from their catalog....

RE: cutting outline of pattern...I do a lot of my cuttings this way. After the portrait is cut I lightly make a light pencil outline, drill a pilot hole and use a FD Polar #5 to cut around the outline as smoothly as possible. I just like th way the cuttings appear when glued to dark felt or some other backer.

Thanks to all for the nice compliments.

~~~GB~~
GB ,thank you for the information. Beautifully done by Charles ( Gifted artist)
Mahendra
mahendra

CharlesDearing

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:34 am »
Thanks for the compliments and you did great buddy.  Small correction though.  I just have patterns in their catalog, I didn't sell the rights to the patterns. ;)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 11:42:14 am »
OOOOOPS!

Like the man says on the tuna commercial..."Sorry Charlie"!

Have you submitted the "Cougar" to them?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

CharlesDearing

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 01:33:51 am »
I've submitted as many as I could to scroller ltd and wooden teddy bear....neither is using all I submitted lol

IBMer

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 12:51:43 pm »
Very nice!   Sorry to hear that she passed.   
I was working under my Jeep and saw a bright yellow bird in the grass.   It was a Budgie that must have got lose from someone.   I called him, and pretended like I was scratching at the ground with my fingers and he came right over.  Budgies are very social and eat together so he was naturally attracted to my scratching at the ground.   I reached over and picked him up.  He was so happy to be back in a cage with ample food and water.  I guessing that he wasn't adapting to the great outdoors very well.    Unfortunately, a few weeks later he got lose while my daughter was feeding him, and one of my larger parrots bite him.  He did not survive.    Poor little bird.

SMF

Teknoromi