Author Topic: excalibur 16  (Read 1343 times)

rob12

excalibur 16
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:52:38 am »
I m thinking on getting the ex 16 and wondering if theres any feedback on them good or bad thanks.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: excalibur 16
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:02:52 am »
I love my Excalibur 21" and I could probably have done very well with the 16" model. I got the 21" saw 'just in case' I did larger pieces, but I really don't like doing bigger things at all, so looking back, I feel the 16" would have been fine.

As far as Excalibur goes - I recommend it 100%. Especially if you get if from Ray at Seyco. He will offer you the best customer service you can get, and even though I am here in Nova Scotia, I am very happy with it.  You won't regret it. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:43:55 am »
Have an ex16 only disadvantage is the motor runs a little slower so if you run your saw wide open go with the 21 otherwise no difference

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:31:52 pm »
I had six EX16's with no end of vibration problems that the shop couldn't sort. In the end they gave me a free upgrade to the EX21 - excellent machine and it worked perfectly straight from the box. I don't know if it's a general problem with the vibration on the ex16's or just with the ones in the U.K. but if you can afford it I personally would go with the EX21.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Gadois

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:43:07 pm »
I have the ex 16 and it does seem to have "sweet spots" where vibration is minimal - at or near full speed vibration is noticeable.
Gadois
If you can't learn how to do something well, learn how to enjoy doing it poorly.

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »
I have a DeWalt 788 and an Ex 16.   I love the Ex.  In 2 1/2 years, only had one minor upper clamp issue. Ray, at Seyco, sent me a new one.  End of problem.    I use the DeWalt on larger projects,  but   lately  been cutting mostly smaller items.  The DeWalt has become my backup. 
MOONIE

SMF

Teknoromi