Author Topic: Good Craft Show Canopy  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Good Craft Show Canopy
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:21:18 am »
I have used an economical E-Z Up canopy for 3 years now and it is starting to wear out. I believe I paid around $70.00 for it. Now, I am wanting a canopy with walls to protect us and my scrollwork from the elements. I do not want to spend a lot of money, so I have been looking at the E-Z Up with four walls attached with zippers and the prices vary from $219.99 to $259.00, depending on the vendor and shipping costs. I realize there are more expensive and better canopies available. The ones I have noticed are in the $800.00 range and above. I guess my question is do any of ya'll use the E-Z Up to which I am referring and if so, have you been satisfied? I really do not like outdoor events, but, more and more are becoming available in my area and I just want to be better prepared with protection if we decide to enter these. Thank ya'll in advance for your candid advice and opinions.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: Good Craft Show Canopy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:19:18 am »
I used ez up with walls for years when I did the outdoor shows. In fact we had a 10 x 20. They were great!  Of course they may have changed over the last few years.  Then I used my 10 x 10 as a patio roof and it stayed up for 2 months at a time when I did the renaissance festivals.  Wish you lived closer, somewhere around here I still have the walls.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:54:32 am »
I had an ez up and liked it.  I got a caravan from costco and loved it.  Very heavy duty and simple to setup. Both work quite well.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:26:05 am »
E Z Up is the best, got mine at K Mart for arounf $100, I really don't like sides, I only use one in the back, like to keep open space.  edward

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:16:24 pm »
I use an easy up with no sides. 10 by 10 size. Esy to put up and down, easy to store.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

sullycroller

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 06:57:37 am »
My first canopy was a EZ UP and it lasted for 7 years before it got destroyed by weather last year. Great canopy compared to the caravan i have now. Sidewalls are a must for weather and if you have it up more than one day. Also weights for tieing it down or screw in dog anchors if on grass. Wind is your enemy much more so than rain.I carry 4 five gallon buckets of concrete which is 100 lbs. each. Hard on the back if you don't use your head but my canopy has survived when others ended up in the next county.

sully

tundraguy

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:36:19 pm »
try E/BAY we got a great deal on ours......water proof and 4 walls....

Offline puzzleguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:00:50 pm »
Greetings -I'm new here -but my wife and myself have been doing
Art festivals for the past 29 years full time - we've used a couple in that time period
and i have a few thoughts for you .If your serious and are going to be doing alot of shows
this year and in the future you might want to check out the " Showoff " they start at about a grand
-sounds like alot be we own 3 of them and they have gone threw literally thousands of shows
including a few near wind storm catastrophies ( shearing winds ) they have aluminum parts to keep down the weight.
the worst that weve ever have had happen is that a couple of corners snapped about 15 years ago in a severe storm .
Every other canopy was destroyed - except ours and another venders showoff .

The Easy ups are OK for the ocassional Crafter-Artist -but they wear out after a time .
True you can always buy another one- because their inexspensive , but ive know a couple of Artists
that have done that 3 or 4 times and they still dont have a canopy of the quality of our showoff .( but they've spent the same amount as us )
again not for everybody and if you only do a couple of local shows a year , and you bring some plastic sheeting
( for incliment weather -with some spring clamps ) you should be OK .
not to cause a huff -but doing something right the first time , is always cheaper in the long run .
Tony
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:03:53 pm by puzzleguy »

SMF

Teknoromi